The Boys Leisure Hour [v1 #1, August 23, 1884] (1d, 16pp, tabloid)
A Reissue of the Favorite Journal The Boys Standard. N.B. Interestingly, theres an ad for The Boys Standard, giving the impression that it was a competitor of the Boys Leisure Hour.
- The Roman Standard-Bearer [Part 1 of 17] · Anon. (by James Skipp Borlase) · sl Sons of Britannia 1871; Pretty much as you might expect, given the title; its a story of Rome, the fights in the Colosseum, and the Romans meeting with the Britons.
- Gentleman George [Part 1 of 26] · Anon. (by James Skipp Borlase) · sl The Boys Standard 1875; The story of Gentleman George the English highwayman and his banditry, circa 1815.
- On the Queens Service [Part 1 of 34] · J. J. G. Bradley · sl The Boys Standard 1875; about Dunbar, one of the Queens Messengers, and his actions on behalf of the Crown in Europe in 1855.
- Astray · Anon. · ss; A joke. This farmer goes to a grand concert, see...
- Showman Eloquence · Anon. · ss; A circus showmans pitch about a boa constrictor.
- Our Boys Adventures [Part 1 of 20] · Anon. · sl; Four teenagers, many years ago, meet and stop a ruffianly act in London near Hangman-street.
- An English Haroun Alraschid · Anon. · ss; A wandering heir is restored to his rightful seat thanks to true British justice.
- A Sword for a Fortune; or, Sir Redmond the Rover [Part 1 of 20] · Anon. · sl The Boys Standard 1875; Redmond ONiel, the last son of a dying noble house, encounters an escaped convict and the dreaded Paul the Pirate.
- The Dying Gladiators · Anon. · ss; Roman gladiators prepare to die and then fight to their last for Nero.