Crime, Mystery, & Gangster Fiction Magazine Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
STARRETT, VINCENT (chron.) (continued)
- * The Man in the Cask, (nv) Real Detective Tales and Mystery Stories Jun/Jul 1927
- * Mr. Holmes of Baker Street, (ar) Real Detective Dec 1932
- * Murder at the Opera [Sally Cardiff], (nv) Real Detective Oct 1934, as The Bloody Crescendo.
- * Murder on B Deck [Walter Ghost], (n.) Doubleday Crime Club 1929
- * The Open Window, (ss) The Black Mask Mar 1921
- * The Other Woman, (ss) Real Detective Tales and Mystery Stories Apr/May 1927
- * The Phantom Flute Player [Jimmie Lavender], (nv) Mystery Apr 1934; also as The Case of the Two Flutes.
- * The Phony Money Trail [Jimmie Lavender], (nv) Amazing Detective Stories Apr 1931
- * A Picture for Ronald Coleman, (nv) Mammoth Detective Jun 1947
- * The Ravens Claw [Jimmie Lavender], (ss) Real Detective Tales and Mystery Stories Feb 1931
- * Riders in the Dark, (ss) Weird Tales Jul/Aug 1923
- * Stalled, (ss) Detective Story Magazine Nov 20 1917
- * Statement of John August Durand, (ss) Real Detective Tales and Mystery Stories Oct 1928
- * The Street of Idols, (nv) Real Detective Tales and Mystery Stories Feb 1928
- * The Testimony of the Dog, (ss) Mystery Stories Jan 1929
- * Too Many Sleuths, (nv) Real Detective Tales and Mystery Stories Oct 1927
- * The Tragedy of Papa Ponsard, (ss) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Jan 1959
- * Tragic Rhythm [Jimmie Lavender], (ss) Mystery Feb 1935
- * 221B, (pm) Autolycus in Limbo, E.P. Dutton 1943; previously published as a Christmas card in 1942.
- * The Unique Hamlet [Sherlock Holmes], (ss) self-published Dec 1920; also as The Adventure of the Unique Hamlet.
- * A Volume of Poe, (nv) Real Detective Tales and Mystery Stories Feb 1929
- * The Wellington Binoculars [Jimmie Lavender], (ss) Detective Tales Oct 1 1922
- * The Wrong Stairway, (nv) Real Detective Tales and Mystery Stories Mar 1928
STEED, RICHARD LATHROP; pseudonym of Robert Leslie Bellem, (1902-1968); other pseudonyms John Archer, Reeves L. Black, Walter Bronson, Ellery Watson Calder, Harley L. Court, Rex Daly, Allan Henry, Fred Horton, Jerome Hyams, Richard Lyle, Lee Martin, James W. Marvin, Hugh McKnight, R. L. Morris, Jerome Severs Perry, Ben Proctor, Frank Roberts, L. N. Snyder, Hamilton Washburn, L. W. Watson, Perry Watson & Harcourt Weems (chron.)
STEEL, KURT; pseudonym of Rudolf Kagey, (1904-1946) (chron.)
- * The Friendly Slayer [Hank Hyer], (n.)
- * The Last Wallet, (ss) This Week 1944, as Risk for a Lady.
- * Murder for What? [Hank Hyer], (n.) Bobbs-Merrill 1936
- * Murder in G-Sharp [Hank Hyer], (n.) Bobbs-Merrill 1937
- * Murder in the Nth, (ss) Detective Action Stories Dec 1936
- * The Radio City Mystery, (na) Popular Detective Nov 1948
- * Risk for a Lady, (ss) This Week 1944; also as The Last Wallet.
- * The Truth About Watson, (hu) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Apr 1946
- * Under the Counter, (ss) Suspense (UK) Jun 1960
- * With Intent to Kill, (nv) Mystery Book Magazine Nov 1945
STEELE, CHESTER K.; house pseudonym (fl. 1900s-1920s) (chron.)
- * The Crime at Red Towers, (sl) Detective Story Magazine Aug 4, Aug 11, Aug 18, Aug 25, Sep 1 1923
- * The Great Radio Mystery, (sl) Detective Story Magazine Jul 22, Jul 29, Aug 5, Aug 12, Aug 19, Aug 26 1922
- * The House of Disappearances, (sl) Detective Story Magazine Oct 22, Oct 29, Nov 5, Nov 12, Nov 19, Nov 26, Dec 3 1921
STEELE, HARWOOD (Elmes Robert) (1897-1978) (chron.)
- * An Affair of Courage, (ss) Short Stories Mar 25 1927
- * The Cat Comes Back, (ss) Short Stories Mar 10 1927
- * The Prestige of the Scarlet, (ss) Short Stories Jan 10 1927
- * Storm Child, (nv) The Popular Magazine May 20 1925
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents