The Strand Magazine [v11, #61, January 1896] ed. H. Greenhough Smith (George Newnes, Ltd., 6d, 120pp, standard, cover by George C. Haité)  (Full Text)
Details supplied by Mike Ashley.
- 2 · Illustrated Interviews, No. XLVI. Mr. Briton Riviere, R.A. · Harry How · iv; illustrated by Briton Riviere [Ref. Briton Riviere]
- 17 · Rodney Stone [Part 1 of 12] · A. Conan Doyle · n.; illustrated by Sidney Paget
- 29 · Charles Dickens’s Manuscripts · J. Holt Schooling · ar [Ref. Charles Dickens]
- 41 · A Horrible Honeymoon · Edith E. Cuthell · ss; illustrated by Paul Hardy
- 49 · Yarns from Captains’ Logs, I. · Alfred T. Story · ar; illustrated by C. J. Staniland
- 58 · Portraits of Celebrities at Different Times of Their Lives · [The Editor] · cl [Ref. Sir Arthur Charles, The Right Rev. George Wyndham Kennion, Bishop of Bath and Wells, Sir Edward Lawson, Bart. & Evelyn Millard]
- 62 · The Romance of the Museums [Part 1 of 5] · William G. FitzGerald · ar; illustrated by A. J. Johnson
- 72 · How I Visited the Gouliot Caves · F. Startin Pilleau · ss; illustrated by W. Thomas Smith
- 78 · Character in Noses · Stackpool E. O’Dell · ar; compares and discusses the noses of some 30 people, including the Duke of Wellington, Napoleon I, W.E. Gladstone, William Pitt, Martin Luther, Dante, Voltaire, J.M. Barrie, Beethoven and Plato.
- 83 · Fables: The Widower and the Parrot · J. A. Shepherd · ct; illustrated by J. A. Shepherd
- 88 · Gleams from the Dark Continent, VII. The Brigand of Kairouin the Holy [Dark Continent] · Charles J. Mansford · ss; illustrated by A. Pearse
- 98 · Ladies of the Households of the Princesses of England · [The Editor] · ar [Ref. Mary Frances Grosvenor, Charlotte Knollys, Theresa Catherine Grey, Mary Wentworth Fitzwilliam, Henrietta Keppel, Eva Dugdale, Adela Maria Larking, Mary Collins, Louisa Mary Knightley, Lady Agneta Montagu, Baroness von und zer Egloffstein, Emily Loch & Anne Annette Minna Cochrane]
- 104 · The Evolution of Parliament · S. J. Housley · ar
- 113 · A Mysterious Experience · Countess of Munster · ts; illustrated by Warwick Goble
- 116 · Uncle Sambuq’s Fortune · Paul Arène · ss; illustrated by H. R. Millar
translated from the French.
- 120 · A Stroke of Business · John P. Stafford · cs; illustrated by John P. Stafford