The FictionMags Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
BERTIN, EDDY C. (chron.) (continued)
- * Ramblings, a Kind of Editorial and Some Mailing Comments, (ed) Dunwich Dreams Mar 1983
- * Recommended Reading, (ar) Dunwich Dreams Apr 1984
- * Science Fiction in Belgium and Holland, (ar) Cypher Oct/Dec 1971, May 1972
- * The Scream, (vi) Fantasy Macabre #9 1987
- * A Scream, Just a Scream, and Nothing More, (pm) SF-Gids Jul 1978, as Just a Scream, No More than a Scream, a Scream and Nothing More, Nevermore.
- * The Sea Is My Bed, (ss) Dreams of a Dark Hue, ed. Jon Harvey, Spectre Press 1978
- * Shadows of Fear, (ss) Vision of Tomorrow Jun 1970; also as All the Shadows of Fear.
- * Small Fish, (ct) Dunwich Dreams Mar 1983
- * Something Ending, (ss) New Worlds from the Lowlands, ed. Manuel van Loggem, Merrick 1982; originally published in Dutch (Het einde van iets, Morgen 5, 1973).
- * Something Small, Something Hungry, (na) Weirdbook #13 1978
- * Somethings Eating My Brain, (pm) Nyctalops #5 1971
- * A Song for the Living, a Song for the Dead, (pm) Etchings & Odysseys #1 1973
- * The Stairway by Moonlight, (pm) Cyäegha Spr 2012; translated from the Dutch (Griezelverzen 2, Elzenga, Amsterdam 1999).
- * The Start of the Earth-Venus Wars, (ct) Dunwich Dreams Sep 1982
- * Stephen King in the Lowlands, (ar) Castle Rock Nov 1985
- * A Taste of Rain and Darkness, (ss) Weird Window #1 1970
- * Through Europes Hall of Literary Terror, (ar) Nyctalops #14 1978
- * To Save the World!, (ss) The Arkham Sampler v1 #2 1983
- * Valentina and Lovecraft, (ar) Cyäegha Spr 2012
- * A Very Short Editorial, (ed) Dunwich Dreams Dec 1982
- * The Waiting Dark, (ss) Crypt of Cthulhu #29 1985
- * The Waiting Dark [Version II], (ss) Cyäegha Win 2013; translated from the Dutch (Waen Sinne No. 1, November 2002), which was itself a rewrite of The Waiting Dark (Crypt of Cthulhu No. 29, Candlemas 1985).
- * Waiting in the Dark, (pm) Dark Horizons #5 1973
- * The Walkers, (pm) Nyctalops #3 1971
- * The Way Back Home, (ss) Weirdbook #14 1979
- * The Way Into Darkness, (pm) The Disciples of Cthulhu, ed. Edward P. Berglund, DAW 1976; from the story Darkness, My Name Is.
- * When Youll Be Ten, (ss) Cemetery Dance #52 2005
- * Where Are Yesterdays Castles, (pm) Etchings & Odysseys #1 1973
- * A Whisper of Leathery Wings, (ss) Fantasy Crossroads #9 1976
- * The Whispering Thing, (ss) Weird Terror Tales Win 1969/70
- * The Writer in Fandom: Eddy C. Bertin, (ar) Dark Horizons #10 1974
- * [letter], (lt) sf Impulse Feb 1967
- * [letter], (lt) Tangent Feb 1976
- * Alices World, by Sam J. Lundwall, (br) Cypher Oct/Dec 1971
- * A Choice of Gods, by Clifford D. Simak, (br) Cypher Oct 1973
- * City, by Clifford D. Simak, (br) Zimri #4 1973
- * The Elevator (De Lift), (mr) Dunwich Dreams Jan 1984
- * I Will Fear No Evil, by Robert A. Heinlein, (br) Cypher May 1972
- * No Time for Heroes, by Sam J. Lundwall, (br) Cypher Oct/Dec 1971
- * The Return of the Time Machine, by Egon Friedell, (br) Cypher Mar 1973
- * Reviews (with John Bredon, Alan D. Gullette & Isaac Roberts, (br) Ambrosia #2 1973
- * Science Fiction Hall of Fame, by Robert Silverberg, (br) Zimri #4 1973
- * Vermilion Sands, by J.G. Ballard, (br) Cypher May 1972
- * The Warlord of the Air, by Michael Moorcock, (br) Cypher May 1972
- * Worlds Best SF 1971, by Donald A. Wollheim & Terry Carr, (br) Cypher Oct/Dec 1971
BERTIN, JACK; pseudonym of Giovanni Bertignono, (1904-1963); (about) ; other pseudonym John Bertin (chron.)
- * The Arizona Kid, (ss) Complete Western Book Magazine Nov 1935
- * Border Guns, (nv) Complete Western Book Magazine Dec 1935
- * Border Payment, (na) Two Gun Stories May 1931
- * Breed of Steel, (nv) Black Mask Apr 1931
- * Checkmate, (sl) The Golden West Magazine Apr, May, Jun 1928
- * The Colt Combine, (nv) Complete Western Book Magazine Jan 1935
- * The Cross L Rides, (na) West May 14 1930
- * Desert Reckoning, (ss) Complete Western Book Magazine Aug 1934
- * Desert Sentence [Chip Huard], (nv) Black Mask Sep 1934
- * The Devils Protégé [Chip Huard], (nv) Black Mask Jan 1932
- * The Dynamite Kid, (nv) Two Gun Stories Nov 1930
- * The Frozen Gods, (ss) Two Gun Stories Sep 1932
- * The Good Old Days, (ss) Two Gun Stories Mar/Apr 1931
- * Guns Roar in Arizona, (nv) All Star Adventure Fiction Feb 1936
- * The Iron Trail, (nv) Best Western Magazine Jan 1936
- * The Modern Way, (ss) Two Gun Stories Jun 1931
- * Renegades of the Border, (na) Western Fiction Monthly May 1937
- * Rider in the Night [Chip Huard], (nv) Black Mask Mar 1935
- * The Right to Fight, (na) Two Gun Stories Jul 1931
- * Sinful Cibola [Chip Huard], (nv) Black Mask Nov 1932
- * Straightened Trail, (na) Short Stories Jul 25 1930
- * Tequila [Chip Huard], (nv) Black Mask May 1933
- * Timber Hawks, (na) Man Stories Feb 1931
- * The Trail Ahead, (ss) Famous Western Nov 1938
- * The Two Gun Man, (nv) Complete Western Book Magazine Jan 1936
- * Valor of the Range, (na) Wild Western Novels Jan 1936
- * War on the Pecos!, (na) West Oct 27 1928
- * [unknown story], (ss) Blue Ribbon Western Oct 1937
BERTRAM, JAMES G(lass) (1824-1892) (chron.)
- * Fish Culture, (ar) The Cornhill Magazine Feb 1862, uncredited.
- * The Herring Harvest, (ar) The Cornhill Magazine Oct 1861, uncredited.
- * Oyster Farming, (ar) The Cornhill Magazine Jan 1865, uncredited.
- * The Pearl Harvest, (ar) The Cornhill Magazine Aug 1866, uncredited.
- * The Salmon and Its Growth, (ar) The Cornhill Magazine Jul 1861, uncredited.
BERTRAM, NOEL; pseudonym of Noel Boston, (1910-1966); (about) (chron.)
- * The Audit Chamber, (nv) Supernatural Stories #33 1960
- * The Barrier, (nv) Supernatural Stories #57 1962
- * The Bellarmine Jars, (ss) Yesterday Knocks, G. Arthur Coleby 1953
- * The Brass Tombstone, (nv) Yesterday Knocks, G. Arthur Coleby 1953, as P Aia Johns Blak.
- * Bump in the Night, (ss) Supernatural Stories #37 1960
- * The Face at the Window, (ss) Supernatural Stories #43 1961
- * The Half Legs, (ss) Yesterday Knocks, G. Arthur Coleby 1953
- * The North Cloister, (ss) Yesterday Knocks, G. Arthur Coleby 1953, as The North Cloister Walk.
- * The North Cloister Walk, (ss) Yesterday Knocks, G. Arthur Coleby 1953; also as The North Cloister.
- * P Aia Johns Blak, (nv) Yesterday Knocks, G. Arthur Coleby 1953; also as The Brass Tombstone.
- * Right Through My Hair, (nv) Supernatural Stories #30 1960
- * Scraping the Barrel, (ss) Supernatural Stories #61 1962
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents