The FictionMags Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
DUMARS, DENISE D. (chron.) (continued)
- * A Tiny Dolphin, (pm) Grimoire #1 1982
- * The Toasted Ted Bundy Top Ten, (pm) The Blood Review Jan 1990
- * Toward the Elflight, (pm) Fantasy Book Feb 1983
- * Trophy (with Kevin J. Anderson), (ss) Figment #5 1990
- * True, Its Not What You Think, (pm) Star*Line Spr 2017
- * Unselected Poems, (ar) Star*Line Win 2014
- * Unspoken, (pm) Darkling Plain Sum 2000
- * untitled (My floral trellis...), (pm) Eldritch Tales #29 1993
- * untitled (Stiff with chill), (pm) Star*Line Spr 2018
- * untitled (Striped gaiters, breather), (pm) Star*Line Spr 2018
- * untitled (Tasting rooms close at), (pm) Star*Line Fll 2014
- * Utility, (pm) Star*Line Sep/Dec 1989
- * The Vanishing of the Whippoorwills, (pm) Grimoire #4 1983
- * The Video, (vi) Haunts #31 1996
- * The View from Tyndales Pyre (with Todd Mecklem & W. Gregory Stewart, (pm) Star*Line May/Jun 1989
- * Waiting, (pm) The Blood Review Jan 1990
- * Wands, (pm) Twisted #5 1989
- * What Passes for Love, (pm) Songs of Innocence #4 2001
- * Where Do You Get Your Ideas?, (ar) Star*Line Jan/Mar 2012
- * Where the Glühwein Pours, (pm) Star*Line Nov/Dec 1997
- * The Whitleys Have the Innsmouth Look, (pm) Space and Time Sum 1983
- * Who You Callin Low-Brow"?, (ar) Star*Line Sep/Dec 2010
- * Wisteria (for Eugenia), (pm) Thin Ice #6 1990
- * The Women of Horror Roundtable, (sy) Wicked Mystic Fll/Win 1994
- * Workshop: What about Triple Collaborations? (with Todd Mecklem & W. Gregory Stewart, (ar) Star*Line May/Jun 1989
- * The World We Know (with Scott C. Virtes), (pm) Dreams and Nightmares #107 2017
- * Wouldst Thou Like to Live Deliciously?, (ar) Star*Line Fll 2018
- * You and I, (pm) Grue #3 1986
- * You Scared Me, (ss) Fang #3 1992
- * Your Face, (pm) Grimoire #5 1983
- * [poem], (pm) Bloodrake #6 1983
- * [unknown item], (ms) Potboiler v1 #11 1985
DUMAS, ALEXANDRE, père (1802-1870); (about) (chron.)
- * Adventure in Fiction:
* ___ V. The Introduction of DArtagnan [from The Three Musketeers], (ex)
- * An Adventure of the Kings Court, (ex); from Twenty Years After.
- * A Bal Masqué, (ss)
- * The Boar That Lost Its Tale, (ex); from his Bernard.
- * The Companions of Jehu, (sl) The Scrap Book Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug 1906
- * The Curé of Boulogne, (ss) The Grand Magazine Aug 1905
- * dArtagnan (with H. Bedford-Jones), (sl) Adventure Sep 15, Oct 1, Oct 15 1928; while allegedly based on a fragmentary manuscript by Alexandre Dumas, the only Dumas content is a one-page extract from an article, unrelated to the plot, that is included in the text.
- * DArtagnans Journey, (ex); from The Three Musketeers.
- * The Defense of the Bastion Saint-Gervais, (ex); from The Three Musketeers.
- * A Duel to the Death, (ss)
- * The Duke of Buckingham and Anne of Austria [from The Three Musketeers], (ex)
- * The Enchanted Whistle, (ss) The Strand Magazine May 1891; translated from the French (Le Sifflet Enchanté, Contes pour les Grands et les Petits Enfants, Méline, Cans et Cie., 1859).
- * The Escape from the Chateau dIf, (ex); from The Count of Monte Cristo.
- * The Escape of the Duc de Beaufort, (ex); from Twenty Years After.
- * The Flight to Varennes, (sl) 1930
- * House Call, (ex) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Jun 2013; translation of 2 chapters from Les Mohicans de Paris (1854).; translated by John Pugmire.
- * The Introduction of DArtagnan [from The Three Musketeers], (ex)
- * King Pedro of Castille, (ss) The Argosy (UK) Jul 1928; translated by Reginald Merton.
- * A Legend of Peter the Cruel, (sl) The Chartist Circular Apr 9, Apr 16, Apr 23, Apr 30, May 7, May 14, May 21, May 28 1842
- * Love, (ms)
- * The Man of the Knife, (ss); translated from the French.
- * Marceaus Prisoner, (ss) The Strand Magazine Jul 1892; translated (and abridged) from the French (La Rose Rouge, Revue des Deux Mondes, 1831).
- * Monte Cristos Escape from Prison, (ex); from The Count of Monte Cristo.
- * The Mystery of the Man in Armour, (sl) The Grand Magazine Aug 1905
- * The Queens Necklace, (n.) Little, Brown 1890; translated from the French (Le Collier de la Reine, La Presse, 1849-50).
- The Golden Book Magazine Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec 1928, Jan, Feb, Mar 1929
- The Golden Book Magazine (UK) Mar, Apr, May/Jun 1928
- * The Red Rose, (sl) Short Stories Aug, Sep 1911
- * A Russian Tragedy, (ss); translated from the French (Impressions de Voyage: en Russie).
- * The Sheik, (ss)
- * Solange: Dr. Ledrus Story of the Reign of Terror, (ss); translated from the French.
- * Swept Away by an Avalanche [from The Glacier Land], (ex) 1852
- * Trial by Battle, (nv) The Saint Mystery Magazine Oct 1964; translated by Jane Strickland.
- * Vaninka, (ss); translated from the French.
- * Who Wrote the Play?, (ss) Romance May 1892; translated by Ralph Edmunds.
- * The Wolf-Leader, (n.) Methuen 1904
- * Zodomirskys Duel, (ss); translated from the French (Marianna, Herminie and Marianna, Méline, Cans et Cie., 1859).
- * Zodomirskys Duel, (ss) The Strand Magazine Jun 1892
du MAURIER, DAPHNE; [i.e., Dame Daphne du Maurier Browning] (1907-1989); (about) (chron.)
- * Adieu Sagesse, (ss) Cassells Magazine Oct 1930
- * The Alibi, (nv) 1956
- * And His Letters Grow Colder, (ss) Cosmopolitan Sep 1931
- * The Birds, (nv) Good Housekeeping Oct 1952
- * The Blue Lenses, (nv) Ladies Home Journal May 1959
- * Castle Dor (with Q), (na) Ladies Home Journal Nov 1961; condensed from the forthcoming novel (J.M. Dent, 1962).
- * The Chamois, (nv) Ladies Home Journal Sep 1959
- * Dont Look Now, (na) 1966
- * East Wind, (ss) The Rebecca Notebooks, Doubleday 1980
- * The Escort, (ss) Harpers Bazaar May 1940
- * The Flight of the Falcon, (sl) Good Housekeeping Apr 1965
- * Frenchmans Creek, (sl) Ladies Home Journal Oct 1941
- * The Happy Valley, (ss) The Illustrated London News Christmas 1932
- * Indiscretion, (ss) Mademoiselle Dec 1980
- * Leading Lady, (ss) Britannia and Eve Jul 1934
- * The Limpet, (ss) Ladies Home Journal Aug 1959
- * Lover for the Marquise, (na) Cosmopolitan Nov 1952
- * Mary Anne, (n.) Womans Home Companion Jun 1955
- * Mousie and Hoosie, (ss) Modern Story Oct 1935
- * My Cousin Rachel, (sl) 1951
- * The Old Man, (ss) The Apple Tree, Gollancz 1952
- * Panic, (ss) Saturday Review (UK) Feb 28 1931
- * Rendezvous, (ss) Cosmopolitan Jun 1959
- * The Scapegoat, (sl) Ladies Home Journal Dec 1956, Jan, Mar 1957
- * Shock of Recognition, (sl) Ladies Home Journal Aug, Sep 1971
- * Two Parts of Hungry Hill, (ss) Redbook May 1943
du MAURIER, GEORGE (Louis Palmella Busson) (1834-1896); (about) (chron.) (art)
- * An Accomodation (with Joseph Swain, engraver), (ct) Harpers New Monthly Magazine Oct 1889
- * Æsthetics (with Joseph Swain, engraver), (ct) Harpers New Monthly Magazine Sep 1889
- * At the Zoo, (ct) Harpers New Monthly Magazine Feb 1891
- * Banjovialities (with Joseph Swain, engraver), (ct) Harpers New Monthly Magazine Feb 1889
- * Business!, (ct) Harpers New Monthly Magazine Mar 1892
- * Captain Lelongbow (with Joseph Swain, engraver), (ct) Harpers New Monthly Magazine Nov 1888
- * La Chute des Feuilles (from the French of Millevoye), (pm) The Cornhill Magazine Dec 1881, as by G. du M..
- * A Claim to Social Precedence (with Joseph Swain, engraver), (ct) Harpers New Monthly Magazine Aug 1890
- * Consolation, (ct) Harpers New Monthly Magazine Aug 1887
- * Cricketana, (ct) Punch
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents