The FictionMags Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
MAUDE, AYLMER (1858-1938) (chron.)
- * God Sees the Truth, but Waits, by Leo Tolstoi, (ss) Twenty-Three Tales, Oxford University Press 1906; translated from the Russian (Bog pravdu vidit da ne skoro skazhet, 1872).
- * Just by Chance!, by Leo Tolstoi, (ss) Cassells Magazine May 1911; translated with Louise Maude.
- * The Raid, by Leo Tolstoi, (ss) The Argosy (UK) Jul 1932; translated with Louise Maude.
- * What Men Live By, by Leo Tolstoi, (ss); translated from the Russian.
MAUGER, MOSSER (chron.)
- * April in the Spring, (ss) Colliers Apr 17 1943
- * A Day in the Life of Helene Dwight, (ss) Star Weekly Aug 13 1960
- * Earlier Than She Thought, (??) Colliers Apr 7 1945
- * For Grownups Only, (ss) McCalls Feb 1950
- * Frantic Frontier, (ss) The American Magazine Feb 1956
- * Freedom Calling, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Apr 6 1957
- * Golden Wedding, (??) Colliers Jul 28 1945
- * The Happy Ending, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Nov 30 1946
- * The Honeymooners, (ss) Cosmopolitan Jun 1954
- * I Remember, I Remember, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Apr 3 1943
- * The Ineligible Bachelor, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Sep 6 1952
- * Just Like a College Girl, (ss) McCalls May 1950
- * One Night in Cincinnati, (ss) Cosmopolitan Jun 1948
- * People Like Jo, (ss) Colliers Oct 30 1943
- * Star Salesman, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Feb 17 1951
- * The Stars Came Down, (??) Colliers Jan 9 1943
- * The Student Horde, (ss) Liberty Apr 1948
- * Summertime, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Jun 12 1943
- * Take Care When You Say Hello, (ss) Colliers Jun 15 1946
- * Time Has No Measure, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post May 8 1943
- * Tryout for Love, (??) Colliers May 22 1943
- * The Virgin and the Dynamo, (ss) Colliers Sep 11 1943
- * Wedding Night, (ss) The American Magazine Sep 1950
- * Whistle Bait, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Jun 15 1946
- * Winter Holiday, (??) Colliers Feb 24 1945
- * Young Man in a Hurry, (ss) Cosmopolitan Nov 1951
MAUGHAM, ROBIN; [i.e., Robert Cecil Romer Maugham, 2nd Viscount Maugham] (1916-1981); (about) (chron.)
- * Editorial, (ed) Convoy Feb 1944, #2 1945
- * Follow the Sun, (ss) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Mar 1972
- * The German Officer, (ex) The Blue Book Magazine May 1945; extract from forthcoming book Come to Dust.
- * Half Marks, (ss) The Strand Magazine Aug 1945
- * The Joyita Mystery, (ar) Argosy Jun 1962
- * The Last Gaughin, (ss) King (UK) Mar 1966
- * My Uncle Willie, (ar) The Saturday Evening Post Jan 29 1966
- * The Professor [Did It Happen?], (ss) The Evening Standard Jun 29 1955
- * The Racecourse Hypnotist, (ss) Britannia and Eve Oct 1953
- * Editor:
___ Convoy: Feb 44 -to- Jul 46.
MAUGHAM, W(illiam) SOMERSET (1874-1965) (chron.)
- * After Reading Burke, (ar) The Cornhill Magazine Win 1950/51
- * Ah King, (pr) Heinemann 1933
- * The Alien Corn, (nv) Cosmopolitan Aug 1931
- * The Altar of Heaven, (ar) The Strand Magazine Oct 1922
- * Another Man Without a Country, (ss) Nashs and Pall Mall Magazine Mar 1925; also as French Joe; also as Without a Country.
- * The Ant and the Grasshopper, (ss) Cosmopolitan Oct 1924
- * Appearance and Reality, (ss) Cosmopolitan Nov 1934
- * Arabesque, (pp) The Strand Magazine Oct 1922
- * The Ardent Bigamist, (ss) MacLeans Jun 15 1924
- * Augustus, (ar) The Cornhill Magazine Win 1949/50
- * The Back of Beyond, (ss) Cosmopolitan Jul 1931, as The Right Thing Is the Kind Thing.
- * A Bad Example, (ss) Orientations, T. Fisher Unwin 1899
- * Before the Party, (nv) Nashs and Pall Mall Magazine Dec 1922
- * The Best Ever, (ss) Cosmopolitan May 1934; also as The Treasure.
- * Bewitched, (ss) Hearsts International Feb 1923; also as P. & O.
- * The Bishops Apron, (n.)
- * The Book-Bag, (ss) The Book-Bag: 20 Best Short Stories in Ray Longs 20 Years as an Editor, ed. Ray Long, Crown 1932
- * Books and You, (ar) The Saturday Evening Post Feb 4 1939
- * A Bride from Geneva, (ss) Yorkshire Evening News Christmas 1936
- * The British Agent [Ashenden], (nv) Cosmopolitan Feb 1928
- * The Bum, (ss) Cosmopolitan Feb 1929, as A Derelict.
- * The Buried Talent, (ss) Cosmopolitan Feb 1934
- * Cakes and Ale, (na) Harpers Bazaar Feb 1930
- * The Captain and Miss Reid, (ss) Nashs Annual 1940, as Winter Cruise.
- * A Casual Affair, (ss) Nashs Pall Mall Magazine Sep 1934
- * Catalina, (n.) Heinemann 1948
- * Catalina, (n.) The Windmill v3 #1, v3 #2, v3 #3, v3 #4 1948
- * Catalina, (n.) Harpers Magazine Jun, Jul, Aug 1948
- * Christmas Holiday, (sl) Redbook Magazine Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov 1939
- * The Circle, (pl) Everybodys Magazine Jan 1922
- * The Classic Books of America, (ar) The Saturday Evening Post Jan 6 1940
- * The Closed Shop, (ss) Harpers Bazar Sep 1926
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents