The Harmsworth Monthly Pictorial Magazine [v3 #6, January 1900] ed. Cecil Harmsworth (London: Harmsworth Brothers Ltd., 3½d, 96pp)
Details supplied by Denny Lien from a bound volume at Google Books.
- 523 · 1800-1900: Then and Now · J. F. Williams · ar; looking at why this is the most wonderful century in time. That meant the 19th century. It runs through the major scientific advances of the 1800s.
- 531 · For His Sacred Majesty · Harry Percival · ss; a thrilling story of Marston Moor.
- 539 · A Little House · Edith Brignall · pm
- 540 · The Corps of Commissioners · W. J. Wintle · ar; how our old soldiers serve their country still.
- 547 · A Tug of War: The Story of How It Ended · Winifred Smith · ss; a light romance.
- 555 · The Derby of the Snow · Harold J. Shepstone · ar; on Norwegian winter sports.
- 561 · The Duel in the Deeper Pit · Cutcliffe Hyne · ss; a shoot-out down an old mine.
- 567 · The Graves of Our Heroes · Arthur Birnage · ar; where our famous soldiers are buried.
- 573 · A Sunday in Town · R. Andom · ss; the strange adventures of a journalist.
- 580 · How the Poor Live: Extraordinary Penny Meals · Bernard Owen · ar; an amazingly condescending article about what you can eat for one penny.
- 585 · Selling Off: A Story for January · E. A. Thurlow · ss; another light romance.
- 589 · A Mint of Money · Joseph Horner · ar; a look at the money minted in 1898 and what it could buy. It includes an interesting chart showing the number of pennies minted since 1884. Theres a marked increase in 1896 because of the introduction of slot machines!
- 595 · The Little Silver Cross · Lister Maurice · ss; a ghost story, subtitled A Tragedy of a Cab, sounds like trying to catch in on Fergus Humes triumph.
- 601 · Childrens Fancy Dresses · Philip Astor · ar
- 605 · Lullaby · Anon. · pm (r)
- 606 · Can You Fold Your Umbrella? · Herbert Howard · ar
- 609 · Our Monthly Gallery of Beautiful and Interesting Pictures · [Various] · il