The American Boy [v114 #7, July 1940] ed. Griffith Ogden Ellis (Sprague Publications; Detroit, MI, 25¢, 32pp, 10¼" x 13½", cover by Manning de V. Lee)
Details supplied by John Boston.
- 3 · In the Morning Mail · [Misc.] · ed; Conducted by Pluto the Office Pup [in spirit, the mundane equivalent of Sergeant Saturn and Frogeyes], mixes editorial comment, information about contributors [anyone want to know about Lawrence M Guyer?], quotes from letters, etc.
- 4 · What Is Americanism? · Homer Cray · ar; anti-totalitarian homily.
- 5 · The Cabin on the Rapids [Connie Morgan] · James B. Hendryx · ss; Connie handles a Yukon duel and Old Man Mattie helps out.; illustrated by Frank Vaughn
- 7 · Eyes on the Ball: Lets Talk to Ted Williams · Franklin M. Reck · ar
- 8 · Feet Under You! Weight Low! · S. E. Canuck Sangster · ar; canoeing instruction.
- 10 · A Question of Identity · Eldon G. Magnuson · ss; A green young deputy hears a call for help and takes a big chance.; illustrated by Grattan Condon
- 12 · Hustle Off to a Hostel · Gurney Williams · ar; about youth hostels.
- 13 · Tenderfoot · Lawrence M. Guyer · ss; Cadet Smith had afiendish backhand and a debt to pay.; illustrated by Dudley Gloyne Summers
- 15 · Three Against the Sea [Part last of ?] · Robb White · sl; Out in a raging hurricane Jake sails into the enemy.; illustrated by Manning de V. Lee
- 21 · Do You Know? · [Misc.] · ms; obscure facts, like the increase in vegetable acreage, excluding potatoes, from 1919 to 1929.
- 22 · Bows and Arrows Bring Them Money · James M. Young, Jr. · ms; half-column squib about two teen-agers who make and sell archery stuff from their basement.
- 25 · Batty Corner · [Misc.] · pz; brain teasers.
- 28 · Stamps · Kent B. Stiles · cl
- 31 · Funnybone Ticklers · [Misc.] · hu