Real War [v2 #2, October 1958] ed. Eric Jonathan (Stanley Publications, 35¢, 68pp, pulp, cover by Vic Prezio)
Special Issue: THE WAR IN SPACE! Details supplied by John Boston.
- 4 · What Is This Issue About? · [The Editors] · ed
- 8 · From the Dream to Reality · Anon. · ar; The first conquest of space has been the goal of humanity since the first man looked up at the stars. This is the story of that ambition.
- 10 · What Are Your Chances for Survival? · Allan J. Dickinger · ar; LIFE: A war for the control of space and the road to the universe. DEATH: The war of nuclear horror and the end of our civilization.
- 18 · The Last G.I. · Lou Cameron · ss; The patrol walked into the valley of death. All about was emptiness and the devastation of all-out A-bomb war. Then, one by one, they began to fall.
- 20 · We Died Like Flies on the Beach-heads of Space · Bill Becker · ss; There was no retreat. We had to win or die. And dont let anyone tell you that an enemy in space is any easier than one on the ground.
- 22 · How Well Is the Enemy Prepared? · Richard van Benschoten · ar; We have already seen the scientists behind the Iron Curtain beat us with satellites. Now lets see what theyre preparing for the future.
- 23 · How Well Are We Prepared? · Richard van Benschoten · ar; In this brain war we have no alternative. We must win if we are to survive. And here is what were doing about it... today!
- 28 · Out of This World · [Misc.] · pi; Things may change, but one thing always remains the same-women! So heres a gorgeous gal to look at, to relish and to relax over.
- 30 · P.O.E.1968 · Harland P. Flourie · ss; Youve been through it, the last stop on the road to overseas service. This is the way it happened to three Joes in Arizona.
- 32 · The Sex Plan for the Breeding of Spacemen · Thorp McClusky · ar; It wont be easy developing a race of men and women physically and mentally conditioned for life in space. Heres how well do it.
- 34 · Soldier in Space: Problems in Existence · Lawrence Elliott · ar; Did you ever consider how a soldier is going to live in an airless, waterless, pressureless universelet alone fight in it?
- 36 · Get the Convoy Through! · Robert Lichello · ss; Right beside us, a ship went up in a bubble of flame. And now they were on us, blasting at our precious cargo of air, water and supplies!; illustrated by John Schoenherr
- 38 · The Last War on Earth · Howard L. Oleck · ss; This is the big picture, the overall history of the next war, from the first sudden shock to the ultimate victory!