The Saturday Evening Post [v215 #25, December 19, 1942] (10¢, 10½" x 13½", cover by Charles Kaiser)
Details taken from eBay listing.
- The Ranger Is a Snow Man · Bert Stiles · ss; A Don Juan on skis takes a tumble.
- The Prodigal Children · Stephen Vincent Benét · ss; One generation views another under wars microscope.
- Given Name · Esther Mueller · ss; Sometimes a mother who is dead knows best too.
- By the Breath of God · Manuel Komroff · ss; A higher power than the Red Army avenges Tommer.
- Eighteen Men and a Boat [Part 1 of 3] · Lt. Comdr. John Morrill, U.S.N. (as told to Pete Martin) · ar; Japs, Japs everywhere, and feedom leagues away.
- Booby Trap · Josef Israels, II · ar; Armies in retreat leave deadly perils in their wake.
- Beauty Tamer · Grace Thorne Allen · ar; Poinsettias are red for your Christmas.
- Nothing-a-Year Man · Thomas McMorrow · ar; The pigeonholes of Washington eat their memos raw.
- Mikhallovitch · Louis Adamic · ar; Balkan Mystery Man: Is the Jugoslavian leader our friend or foe.
- The Price Tag of Victory · Harry T. Paxton · ar; Our Allied taxpayers dig deeper in their pockets than we.
- A Handy Guide to Australia · John Lardner · ar; MacArthurs men find it whacky, but nice.
- Oh, the Jolly Old Ash Cans · Charles Rawlings · ar; Sub hunting, or how a depth charge gets its U-Boat.
- Eddie and the Archangel Mike [Part 3 of 6] · Barry Benefield · sl
- Siren in the Night [Part 5 of 6] · Leslie Ford · sl