- Absolutely no publication data is given in this volume. Illustrated with color photos.
un Wood, Barry Orgasms in Space n.d.
- 101 BOOKS
- Published by 101 Enterprises, Inc., P.O. Box 444, Lenox Hill Stn., NY, NY 10021. A series of Gay novels, they were tall, thin, saddle-stapled books.
42 S., Davy Gay Vampire 1969
- ADULT BOOKS
- An imprint of Greenleaf Classics, Inc., q.v. Started at # 401, the numbering jumped from 500 to 1501 and ended with #1679.
AB404 Holliday, Don Three on a Broomstick 1967 AB417 Dale, Corley The Chief Sexecutive 1968 AB419 Williams, J. X. ESP Orgy 1968 AB436 Vickery, Jay Man into Boy 1968 AB1538 Smythe, R. John Switch-Off 1970 * AB1641 Lea, David His Psychic Daughter 1972
- AFTER HOURS BOOK
- Published by After Hours Books Inc., at 1006 Prudential Bldg, Buffalo, NY. Prolific mid-Sixties porn publisher under several imprints.
* AH 138 Dean, Anthony The Invaders 1966
- ALL STAR BOOKS
- Published at 5700 Cahuenga Blvd, N. Hollywood, CA (1962), then at 10539 Burbank Blvd., N. Hollywood, CA (1963 to 1965), then at 7376 Greenbush Ave, N. Hollywood, CA 91605 (1966). There were at least two separate numbering sequences.
518 Farmer, Arthur The Nymph and the Satyr 1962 AS 523 Issacs, Simon Make Me a Woman 1962 AS 2 Farmer, Arthur Odd Girl Out 1963 AS 39 Lane, Jerry Sex with a Smile 1965 AS 80 Flaming, I. M. Snakefinger 1966 (at least two separate editions)
- American Art Enterprises, Inc.
- Originally published at 7311 Fulton Ave., N. Hollywood, CA 91605 (1964 to 1971), then at 21322 Lassen St., Chatsworth, CA 91311 (1971 to 1974). One of the major porn publishers, founded in the early 1960s by Milton Luros, a former pulp magazine artist and Art Director for Columbia Publications in the 1950s. Published several imprints, see Barclay House, Brandon House, Essex House and Scorpio Books. Also operated Parliament News, one of the major porn distributors. The stylized P that appears on the spine of many pornographic paperbacks is an indication that the publisher used this distributor. Made several forays into mass-market publishing, using successively the imprints Canyon Books, Major Books and Carousel Books, none of which made any impact in the marketplace. See also Cameo Library, which may be a related publisher. See also the entry on Publishers Consultants, which appears to be a temporary successor. See also the later reprint series ASS, deLuxx Editions and TWN.
- ANAL EROTIC SERIES
- An imprint of Publishers Consultants, q.v.
AES-138 Gold, Bob Anal Astronaut 1981
- Apparently the earliest imprint of what later became Collectors Publications Inc., q.v.
9512-N Diderot, Denis The Talking Jewels Sep 1965
- Art Enterprises, Inc.
- Published at 8511 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles 46, CA (1961), then at Suite 316, 6912 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles 28, CA (1962-1964). A busy early 60s publisher, under a variety of imprints, including Boudoir, Epic Books, Headline Books, and Intimate Editions. They were not quite as prolific as they might seem, however, since they were constantly rebinding the books under new titles and re-releasing them, some as many as three times. Imprints used on these rebinds include Heart Volumes, Moonlight Readers and Ram Books. See also Nite-Time Books, which seems to have been shared with other publishers.
- Published by American Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v., Sun Valley, CA 91352.
ASS-136 Forbes, Alex Anal Planet Feb 1990
- BARBIZON BOOKS
- An imprint of Cameo Library, Inc., q.v., Box 788, Thousand Oaks, CA 91606. Apparently used for reprints.
BB-503 Mitchell, Linda Cursed! 1973
- BARCLAY HOUSE
- An imprint of American Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v. Used principally for non-fiction, some amount of fiction crept in occasionally.
7065 Von Lodz, Victor Orgy World 1969 7429 Sutton, Gayle The Girl, the Forked Tail, and the Cross 1974 7439 Anvic, Frank The Sex Savages 1974
- BARNABY PRESS
- Published by Barnaby Press Ltd. No address given in the one title seen. Series was profusely illustrated with color photographs.
BP110 Faber, Arthur Outerspace Sex Orgy 1970
- BEACON BOOKS
- The first modern mass-market size pornographic paperback publisher. Published initially by Beacon Publications Corp., later directly by the actual owner, Universal Publishing & Distributing Corp., q.v. Imprint changed in 1965 to Softcover Library, published by Softcover Library, Inc. Published from New York City throughout. Robert Guinn was allowed to use some of the numbers in this series for his later Galaxy Novels, most of which give Galaxy Publishing Corp. as the publisher, though several of those volumes give no publisher at all. One title (marked x below) is listed in the exclusions.
B105 Mundy, Talbot King of the Khyber Rifles n.d. GALAXY SF NOVELS 236 Stapledon, Olaf Odd John 1959 242 Jones, Raymond F. The Deviates 1959 256 Smith, George O. Troubled Star 1959 263 Garrett, Randall & Harris, Larry M. Pagan Passions 1959 270 Anderson, Poul Virgin Planet 1960 277 Farmer, Philip Jose Flesh 1960 284 Merwin, Sam, Jr. The Sex War 1960 291 Farmer, Philip Jose A Woman a Day 1960 298 Van Vogt, A. E. The Mating Cry 1960 x 305 Aldiss, Brian W. The Male Response 1961 312 Judd, Cyril Sin in Space 1961 SOFTCOVER LIBRARY B924X Camp, Lon The Experiment 1966 * B986X Daniels, Mark The Drug 1966
- BEDROOM PUBLICATIONS
- Published by Aquarius 7 Publishers, at P.O. Box 3067, N. Hollywood, CA 91605. See also Sensation Publications.
BP-234 Jovita Sexual Drug Fantasies 1976
- BEDTIME BOOKS
- Published by Valiant Publications, Inc., at 200 West 34th St., NY, NY. One of several related imprints first published in 1959 and continuing as late as 1964. This series started at #951 and issued about 30 books.
979 Fairman, Paul W. Devils Virgin 1961
- BEE-LINE BOOKS
- Published by Bee-Line Books, Inc., first (briefly) at 4102 Lee Rd., Cleveland 28, OH, then shifting to 145 East 52nd St., NY, NY (1966-1968), followed by 386 Park Ave. S., NY, NY (1969 to 1970), then at 116 E. 27th St., NY, NY 10016 (from 1970). In 1969 the mass-market imprint Pinnacle Books was initiated by this publisher. A new corporation, Carlyle Communications Inc., was formed in 1970 to publish both imprints; Pinnacle Books was sold to a conglomerate in 1973, leaving Carlyle to publish mostly porn, though they did briefly issue another mass-market imprint, Carlyle Books, in the late 1970s. The various sub-imprints generally indicate separately numbered sequences. Bee-line also co-published several of the Travellers Companion series, q.v. for details. See also Orpheus Books and Tigress Books.
118 Savage, Hardley Jetman Meets the Mad Madam 1966 133 Earle, Richard Forever Ember 1966 * 141 Earle, Richard & Johnson, Glenn From Here to Maternity 1966 145 Carnelle, Inge The Girl from B.U.S.T. 1966 194 Carnelle, Inge Joy Ride 1967 307N Key, David The S.E.X. Machine 1968 313-N Pendleton, Don Revolt! 1968 427-Z Coxe, Mr. The Oversexed Astronauts 1970 * 448-D Fuchs, Renaud Carnival of Sex 1970 (by M. Coxe on cover) (The original sequence jumped from 499 to 5000 rather than duplicate the ORPHEUS series numbers.) BL5255 Evans, Derek The Spy with the Versatile Tool 1974 BL5500-R Mounds, Monica Outer Space Embrace 1978 BL5718 Kaye, Maggie Somewhere over the Orgy 1981 BANNER BB8012-V Cleve, John Unholy Revelry 1976 CAMEO COLLECTION CC3176-R Lasser, Dustin Space Nymph 1978 CARLYLE COLLECTION CC3001-R Stephan, Peter Sex Trek 1974 DOUBLE NOVEL DN6410-C Onn, Carrie Janets Sex Planet 1980 DN6410-C Tea, Traves Orgy in Orbit 1980 (double volume) LATE NIGHT LIBRARY LL0621-M Kahn, Obie Intergalactic Orgy 1983 ORPHEUS SERIES OB 509 Holmes, Larry W. Evil Seed 1968 OB 514N Reynolds, Joseph Satans Disciple 1968 OB 518 N Walters, Eugene Love Witch 1968 (as by Ian Green inside) OB 562-Z Kanto, Peter Taste of Evil 1969 OB 569-Z Hunter, Alan The Story of F 1969 OB 585-K Kanto, Peter Unnatural Urges 1969 OB 603K Kanto, Peter Rosy Cheeks 1969 617-K Cleve, John Fruit of the Loin(s) 1970 655-T OFarrell, Eddy The Ghost Came Twice 1970 677-T Reynolds, Joseph Operation: Sextrip 1970 713-T Offutt, Andrew J. The Great 24-Hour Thing 1971 764-T Cleve, John Pleasure Us! 1971 765-T Douglas, Jeff The Balling Machine 1971 OB 1017 Ged, Caer The Coming of Cormac 1974 OB1023T Bennett, Jeff Cosmic Rape 1974 OB 1033-T Cleve, John Manlib! 1974 OB1054-T Wyatt, Lee The Flesh Hunters 1974 OB 1061-R Evans, Derek Who Put the Devil in Miss Jones? 1974 OB 1063-T George, Edward Pleasure Planet 1974 OB1082 Cleve, John The Sexorcist 1974 OB1104-R Strong, Rod Orgy Twins 1974 OB1166-R Giles, Baxter The Pleasure Principle 1975
- BEST SELLER SERIES
- An imprint of Tiburon Publishing House Co., Inc., q.v.
736-T Blackmoor, Edmund The Satanic Orgy 1974
- BIZARRE BOOKS
- An imprint of Eros Publishing Co., Inc., q.v. A series devoted entirely to bondage & torture fiction, each book profusely illustrated with explicit drawings. The art is unsigned but is almost certainly the work of Bill Ward, whose signed work was featured in a later series from Eros.
BB-127 Bedford, Clive Salomes Slave 1975 BB-133 Bedford, Clive Mistress of Torment 1975 BB-139 Bedford, Clive The Spiders Sex Slaves 1976
- BIZARRE LIBRARY
- An imprint of Star Distributors, Ltd., q.v., used on bondage and torture fiction. Each volume has a multitude of explicit drawings, all credited to an artist named Dimulatto, though the signatures (and spellings) vary from book to book.
29 Sharpe, Vera Queen of Evil n.d. 70 Mordread, Halston Slaves of Mistress Salome 1979
- BLUEBOY LIBRARY
- Published at 9467 Mission Park Place, Santee, CA 92071. An offshoot of Blueboy, a well-known Gay mens magazine. see also HIS69 and Numbers Illustrated Library.
80028 Hughes, Peter Tuesday The Eyes of the Basilisk 1977 80032 Hughes, Peter Tuesday The Daemon 1977 80078 Gronowski, Paul The Secret in the Argentine Jungle 1977 80080 Gronowski, Paul Doomsday Machinery 1977
- BOOK HOUSE
- Published in New York City.
BH-303 Wallace, Edward 69 Potion 1969
- Published by Imperial Publishing Co., at 6912 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood 28, CA. An affiliate of Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v., it published approximately 40 books in 1962-1963, one of their last non-reprint series.
1027 Jason, Jerry Sexodus! 1963
- BRANDON HOUSE
- Later Brandon Books. The primary imprint of American Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v. There are several number sequences, indicating different cover prices.
60¢ series: 625 Bixby, Jerome Devils Scrapbook 1964 95¢ series: 1070 Geis, Richard E. The Sex Machine 1967 $1.25 series: * 2030 de Monbron, Fougeret Amorous Adventures of Margot, The & The Scarlet Sofa 1967 2061 Geis, Richard E. The Endless Orgy 1968 $1.95 series: * 6006 Seiffert, R. L. The Polluters 1968 6092 Cole, Stark The Love Makers 1969 6099 Kaye, H. R. Eros, 2000 A.D. 1970 * 6115 Cleve, John Jodinareh 1970 6126 Cleve, John Barbarana 1970 * 6134 Farmer, Philip José Love Song 1970 BRANDON BOOKS 6218 Geis, Richard E. The Arena Women 1972 6258 Kyle, Geoffrey Project: Passion 1972 6304 Bassett, O. R. The Love Astrologer 1973 6326 Swenson, Peggy A Girl Possessed 1973 6370 York, Wesley Simon Lovers & Exorcists 1974 6374 Bixby, Jerome Call for an Exorcist 1974 6379 Anvic, Frank Bride of Satan 1974
- BRANDY FRENCH
- An imprint of Eros Publishing Co., Inc, q.v., devoted to a spy series that occasionally approaches, but never quite manages to be SF. One title is listed in the exclusions.
- Published by Brentwood Publishing Co., at 1717 N. Highland Ave., Hollywood, CA in 1964-65. Published no SF; one title listed in the exclusions.
- BROADWAY NOVEL MONTHLY
- Published by Diversey Periodicals, Inc., actually a division of Avon Books, used for reprints of authors like Jack Woodford, with spicier packaging. Published from various addresses in Chicago, apparently the printers address, rather than Avons usual editorial address in New York City. One of several digest-size saddle-stapled series issued by this publisher in the 1940s.
4 Prince, Don Toms Temptations 1949
- Published by CAD Publishing Co., at New York, NY. Published no SF; one title listed in the exclusions.
- Published by Calga Publishers, Inc., at 5585 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019. May have been related to Pendulum Books, q.v. Rewritten versions of old classics, justified by the supposition that the original authors would have written more sexually explicit books if they had not lived in such repressive times. Some of the early volumes give an impressive list of forthcoming titles, only about half of which are known to have appeared.
CP801 Stacy, Terry The Adult Version of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde 1970 CP802 Kantor, Hal The Adult Version of Frankenstein 1970 CP808 anonymous The Adult Version of Dracula 1970 CP-809 anonymous The Sex Life of Ulysses 1971 CP-810 anonymous The Sex Life of Hercules 1971
- Published by N.P., Inc. No address given. See also Master Classics and Mayfair House.
334 Day, Larry Magic Fingers n.d.
- CAMEO LIBRARY
- Published by Cameo Library, at 6340 Coldwater Canyon Ave., N. Hollywood, CA 91606. Several other imprints were used on reprint series; see Barbizon Books and Copenhagen Compacts. This publisher also issued a mass-market imprint in 1970, Leisure Books, which was sold to Belmont-Tower after only a year. Although they have a different publication address, this series Is advertised in detail in the back of some Brandon House books, which may indicate a connection to American Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v.
8067 Amber, Gracie Always Hard! 1970
- CANDID READERS
- An imprint of Corinth Publications, Inc., q.v. Issued 148 books, starting at 901.
CA901 Allison, Clyde The Sin Funnel 1967 * CA940 Bellmore, Don Sin Seance 1968 CA981 Stanley, Mitch Gods Little Orgy 1969 CA1030 Pygaster, Cal I. Zero Gravity Swap 1970
- CAROUSEL BOOKS
- Published by Frimac Publications, at 10539 Burbank Blvd., N. Hollywood, CA. Understood to have been published by Charles Fritch and Jack Matcha, both occassional SF writers. Ran from 1962 to 1964, issuing approximately 25 titles. Fritch and Matcha also published the SF magazine Gamma from 1963 to 1965 from the same address. See also Private Editions.
521 Kahler, Jack Latex Lady 1964
- CASTLE BOOKS
- Published by Orchid Publishing Co., Inc., at Wilmington, DE, apparently the same as Eros Publishing Co., Inc., q.v. All books seen were reprinted from other Eros imprints. This is the first of their imprints not to be distributed by Parliament News, and would seem to an attempt to broaden their distribution beyond the adult bookstores. For a later, more successful attempt, see Hustler Papaerbacks.
CB 209 Banks, Ramond E. Ultimate Transform 1978 CB213 Rimmer, A. J. Star Whores 1978 CB 218 Banks, Raymond E. Daryk 1978
- CENTAUR PUBLICATIONS
- A Gay publication. A thin saddle-stapled pamphlet with no cover illustration.
* un anonymous Hercules and the Centaur 1970
- CHARIOT BOOKS
- Started in 1959 and ran to at least 1962. Never gave any address. One of the more prolific publishers of this period, issuing over 100 books.
123 Long, Frank Belknap Woman from Another Planet 1960 128 Wells, H. G. The Invisible Man (1960) 150 Barr, Tyrone C. The Last 14 1960 162 Long, Frank Belknap (The) Mating Center 1961
- CLASSIC PUBLICATIONS
- Published from Los Angeles, CA 90007. The abreviations presumably have meaning but sub-imprints are seldom given on the books.
CP 532 Young, Red Sex Life of the Immortals 1969 NT 867 Davis, Gyle Sex 99 1968 (as by J. L. Kullinger inside) SELECTED ADULT LIBRARY SAL 416 Daniels, Gil 1999 Sex Erotics 1970
- COLLECTORS PUBLICATION
- Published at 14923 Proctor Ave, Industry, CA 91744. Many of the books from this publisher were pirated editions; it is possible that the originals are also pirated and I just dont recognize them. Issued with plain covers, in imitation of Olympia Press. See also APS.
21256 Homer & Associates A Bedside Odyssey Nov 1968 21258 anonymous The Orgy Puppets Nov 1968 21272 Diderot, Denis The Talking Pussy 1968 21290 anonymous Cave Man Sex Feb 1969
- COMPANION BOOKS
- An imprint of Phenix Publishers, Ltd., q.v., later published directly by Greenleaf Classics, Inc., q.v. Started with # 501, published 267 books.
CB630 Carlin, Gage Psychic Swap Slave 1969 * CB652 Moton, Andre S.W.A.P. 1970 CB683 Smythe, R. John Doctor Swapus 1970 CB690 Evans, Grant Swapping with Satan 1970 CB702 Wilhelm, Lambert Starship Intercourse 1971
- COPENHAGEN COMPACTS
- Published by Danish Compact Books Ltd. No address given. Gives the impression that it is a foreign publisher but is clearly a reprint series from the publishers of Cameo Library, q.v.
D-610 Mitchell, Linda A Witchs Mouth 1974
- Corinth Publications, Inc.
- One of several subsidiaries or affiliates of Greenleaf Classics, q.v. For imprints published under this corporate name see Candid Readers, Evening Readers, Idle Hour Books, Leisure Books and Nightstand Books.
- CORSAIR BOOKS
- Published by Corsair Publications, at 2075 East 65th St., Cleveland, OH.
* 214 Gordon, Davis W. Swastika Sex Cult 1968
- DANISH LIBRARY
- An imprint of Greenleaf Classics, Inc., q.v.
DL109 Dexter, John Swap Around the Ouija 1971
- DARKROOM BOOKS
- An imprint of Greenleaf Classics, Inc., q.v. Started at # 801 and issued about 50 books.
GD809 Russell, Don The Ultimate Lust 1970 GD813 Smythe, R. John The Coming of Morikand 1970 GD825 Ravis, Day One in Every Box 1970 GD828 Best, Harry The Lid Comes Off 1970
- deLUXX EDITIONS
- Published at P.O. Box 3959, N. Hollywood, CA 91605. A reprint series; later volumes were published by American Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v., and give the complete publishing histories of the books being reprinted. The originals seem to be a mix of Brandon House, q.v., and Publishers Consultants, q.v., with some titles that had been published by both companies over the years. This seems to be evidence that Publishers Consultants was only another branch of American Art Enterprises, whose main imprints seem to have faded away about the time that Publishers Consultants imprints first appeared.
XE-982 Michaels, Carl The Visions of Vivian 1984
- DISCOVERY HOUSE
- see Novel Books.
- Published by Dominion Publishing Co., at P.O. Box 3910, N. Hollywood, CA 91609.
TNC 218 Winslow, Arthur Aphrodisia 1969
- DUAL NOVELS
- An imprint of Eros Publishing Co., Inc., q.v. All books were double volumes. The other half of this one is not SF.
DN 107 Bellmore, Cynthia Space Lust 1978
- Published by E.L. Publishing Co., Inc., at New York, NY. See also Liason which may be a related imprint.
L-21 Raymond, Ben The Miracle of the Foomtra n.d.
- EMBER BOOKS
- Published no SF, one book is listed in the exclusions. No publisher or address was given in that volume, but the ads in the back make it clear that this in an imprint of Greenleaf Classics, q.v.
- EMBER LIBRARY
- An imprint of Greenleaf Classics, Inc., q.v. The series started at # 301 and published 96 titles.
EL 301 Allison, Clyde Our Man from Sadisto 1965 EL 303 Hudson, Dean Nightmare Clinic 1965 EL 305 Allison, Clyde Our Girl from Mephisto 1965 EL 309 Allison, Clyde Nautipuss 1965 EL 321 Allison, Clyde Gamefinger 1966 EL 323 Dexter, John Garden of Shame 1966 EL 325 Allison, Clyde Sadisto Royale 1966 EL 329 Allison, Clyde For Your Sighs Only 1966 EL 333 Allison, Clyde The Lost Bomb 1966 EL365 Allison, Clyde The Ice Maiden 1967
- EPIC BOOKS
- One of the primary imprints of Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v. Issued 40+ titles from March 1961 to late 1962.
103 Smith, George H. 1976...The Year of Terror Mar 1961 144 Camra, Ross Assault! 1962
- Eros Publishing Co., Inc.
- Published at Wilmington, DE. Often referred to as Eros Goldstripe. One of the more prolific of the later porn publishers. Started in the early 1970s and published a multitude of specialized imprints; see Bizarre Books, Brandy French, Dual Novels, Goldstripe Fiction Series, Goldstripe Gay Series, Spicy Readers, Travelers Tales and Trident Books. All the early imprints were distributed by Parliament News. In 1978 they reissued several books under a new imprint Castle Books, through a different distributor, apparently an attempt to get wider circulation and break out of the adult bookstores. This attempt was abortive, but in 1979 an agreement was made with Flynt Distributing to issue a line of porn novels called Hustler Paperbacks, q.v., which was more succeessful. That arrangement was terminated in 1981, and they returned to issuing books under their original name; see Hotline Books and Transsexual Library.
- ESSEX HOUSE
- An imprint of American Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v. Their most pretentious series, the books featured surrealistic covers and many contained afterwords by prominent authors explaining the books literary significance. The series editor was Brian Kirby, later an editor at the Los Angeles Free Press. After this imprint was folded some of the unpublished books were released by Brandon House, q.v.
0108 Farmer, Philip José The Image of the Beast 1968 0112 Stine, Hank Season of the Witch 1968 0117 Meltzer, David Lovely 1969 0120 McNaughton, Charles, Jr. Mindblower 1969 0121 Farmer, Philip José A Feast Unknown 1969 0122 Meltzer, David Healer 1969 0124 Gallion, Jane Biker 1969 0125 Perkins, Michael Terminus 1969 0129 Meltzer, David Out 1969 * 0131 Lamont, Gil Roach 1969 * 0133 Ramirez, Alice Louise The Geek 1969 0134 Meltzer, David Glue Factory 1969 0136 Geis, Richard E. Raw Meat 1969 0139 Farmer, Philip José Blown 1969
- EUROPA BOOK
- Europa Books, Ltd., no address given. A short-lived early 60s publisher; only about a half-dozen books are known. Published no SF; one book is listed in the exclusions.
- EVENING READERS
- Published by Corinth Publications, q.v. Published 64 books, starting with #1201.
ER 1234 Williams, J. X. Devils Degradation 1966
- EXOTIK BOOKS
- Published at 425 Pennsylvania Ave, San Diego, CA.
W-11 Morgan, Helene Seed of the Beast 1965
- FAMILY SERIES BOOKS
- An imprint of Publishers Consultants, q.v.
FAM 136 Keegan, Roger The Family Curse 1978
- FLAME BOOKS
- Published by Echelon Book Publishers, Inc., at 1805 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA. See also Impact Library.
* FB-103 David, Jack Come Slow...Devlin! 1967 (as Come Slo, Devlin by Jack Flanner inside)
- FRANCE BOOKS
- Published by International Publications, Inc., at 8340 Melrose Ave., Hollywood 69, CA. Published approximately 70 books in 1962-1963. Many of the books featured fold-out covers.
F14 Ross, Olin Lust Planet 1962 (as by Ross Olin inside) F50 Deer, M. J. A Place Named Hell 1963 F61 Knerr, Mike Autosex 1963 F66 Deer, M. J. Flames of Desire 1963 (as by M. D. Deer inside)
- FRENCHY'S GAY LINE
- A Gay series published at P.O. Box 2386, San Rafael, CA. Published no SF; one title is listed in the exclusions.
- GALAXY SF NOVEL
- See BEACON BOOKS.
- GOLDSTRIPE FICTION SERIES
- An imprint of Eros Publishing Co., Inc., q.v.
GFS-112 Thomas, Evan Dead Hard 1973
- GOLDSTRIPE GAY SERIES
- A Gay imprint of Eros Publishing Co., Inc., q.v.
* GGS-106 Yuma, Gary Flesh Probe 1973
- GREENLEAF CLASSICS
- One of the major porn publishers, started in 1959 by ex-SF fan and writer William Lawrence Hamling. His Greenleaf Publishing Company already published a mens magazine, Rogue, and had published two SF magazines, Imagination and Imaginative Tales, both of which folded in 1958. Ex-fan Earl Kemp was Editorial Director for several years. Both Hamling and Kemp spent time in prison for publishing an illustrated edition of the Presidential Report of the Commission on Obscenity and Pornography. The early volumes gave no addresses, but were published in Illinois. Addresses started to be indicated regularly after the company moved to California in 1965. At that time corporate publishing companies also were listed for the first time; see Corinth Publications, Inc. and Phenix Publishers, Ltd. for listings of the imprints issued by each. From 1961 to 1963 Hamling published a mass-market imprint, Regency Books, the majority of which were written by SF writers, though only a few were actually SF. Greenleaf Classics itself, as both an imprint and a corporate name began to be used in 1965, and gradually established itself as the principal name for the firm. Imprints issued directly by Greenleaf Classics, Inc. include Adult Books, Companion Books, Danish Library, Darkroom Books, Ember Library, Pillar Books and Pleasure Readers. see also Ember Books. The books covered by this index were published at 5839 Mission Gorge Rd., San Diego, CA 92120 (to 1967), then at 3511 Camino Del Rio S., San Diego, CA 92120 (from 1968).
GC205 Wood, Edward D., Jr. Orgy of the Dead 1966 GC206 Nuetzel, Charles Queen of Blood 1966 GC218 Kalnen, Ray The Love Box 1967 GC266 Homer & Associates A Bedside Odyssey 1967 * GC319 Wagner, Geoffrey Axel 1968 GC352 Hughes, Peter Tuesday The Other Party 1968 GC367 Malcolm, Ed Tele-Sex 1968 GC375 Roxbury, Kyle The Golden Girl of Hockeinbeck 1969 GC383 Pendleton, Don The Olympians 1969 GC393 Linder, D. Barry Libido 23 1969 GP series. A photo-illustrated series; these two, at least, are digest size. GP523 Nylan, Tod The Incredible Peeping Tom 1969 GP529 Wyman, Karl The Magic Bottle 1969 GK series, volumes indicated as number x of 50. Succeeded by the NK series after the 50th title. Most volumes have a die-cut cover with a keyhole design, the GK designation is thus believed to have stood for Greenleaf Key. * GK3650 Arthur, William Heroneous in 69 1970 GK4850 Lorenzo, Derek Motherlover 1970 NK series. Succeeded the GK series; these volumes also indicated as number x of 50. Abbreviation assumed to stand for New Key. NK950 anonymous The Sins of Sister Angela 1970 PC series, significance unknown. PC1043 Miller, Russ The Impossible Transplant 1972 PC1046 Pendleton, Don The Olympians 1972 PC1068 Power, Catherine Spell of Madness 1972 GL series. An unusual digest-size Gay series. What appears at first glance to be a back-cover blurb is actually the opening page of the text, which continues from the cover to the inside cover. There is no title page, only a small copyright notice at the bottom of page 2. The back-cover is upside-down from the rest of the book, and when turned right-side up appears to be the front cover. These are all extremely rare. GL126 Vanden, Dirk Twin Orbs 1969 GL134 Wells, O. R. All-Stud 1969 GL148 Lambert, William J., III Five Roads to Tlen 1970 GL153 Lambert, William J., III Demons Stalk 1970 GL155 Roman, Chet The Gay Ghouls 1970
- HEADLINE BOOKS
- Published by World News, Inc., at 8511 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA. The earliest known imprint of the company most often identified as Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v.
105 Sellers, Connie Red Rape! 1960
- HEART VOLUMES
- An imprint used on rebound copies of books published by Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v. The original title pages were removed and a new copyright notice inserted.
HV 105 Warren, Roy Space Sex n.d.
- Published by Surree Ltd Inc., at 9465 Mission Park Place, Santee, CA 92071. A publisher of Gay fiction, apparently an affililate of Blueboy Library, q.v.
HIS69253 McBride, Scott Devils Phallus 1978
- Published by Eros Publishing Co., Inc., q.v. The most immediate successor to Hustler Paperbacks, q.v., it may have used inventory left over from that imprint.
HB-114 Harper, Harry Haunted House Hustlers 1982
- HUSTLER PAPERBACKS
- Published by World-Wide Publishing Co., Inc., at 16055 Ventura Blvd., Encino, CA 91436 (to January 1981), thereafter at 9172 Eton Ave., Chatsworth, CA 91311. Larry Flynt, publisher of Hustler magazine, acted only as distributer for these books. The actual publisher seems to have been Eros Publishing Co., Inc., q.v., in which case the addresses given are probably the distributors. This was Eross second attempt to break out of the adult bookstores, see Castle Books, and this time they succeeded in getting widespread newsstand distribution. The distribution agreement with Hustler seems to have dissolved in Sep 1981; at which time their distribution reverted to the adult bookstores. The name continued to be used for a brief time, but was dropped completely early in 1982. Several of the early titles were reprints from previous Eros imprints.
10-101 Rimmer, A. J. Space Whores 1979 10-115 Banks, Ramond E. The Moonrapers 1980 10-120 Kotch, Thomas Possessed! 1980 10-132 Kelly, Shane The Hidden City 1980 10-135 Burch, Ralph Duplicate Lovers 1980 10-145 Mann, Del Sands of Desire 1980 10-147 Fleming, Nigel To Love a Vampire 1980 10-148 Anderson, Betty Isle of Illusion 1980 10-152 Pascal, Jacques Virgins Sacrifice 1980 10-160 Kaye, Merlin Rape of the Red Witch 1980 10-183 Kaye, Merlin Penetrators of Time 1980 10-183 Banks, Raymond E. The Savage Princess 1980 (double volume) 10-190 Koman, Victor Starship Women 1980 10-197 Victor, Steve When the Aliens Come Jan 1981 10-216 Victor, Steve Sin & Sorcery Mar 1981 10-218 Scott, Sandra Mystic Passions Mar 1981 10-238 Pascal, Jacques Future Sex May 1981 10-241 Scott, Sandra From Dust to Lust Jun 1981 10-258 Crane, Martin Sex Slaves Aug 1981 10-259 Little, Jerry Hot Black Hole Sep 1981 10-289 Scott, Samantha Space Slaves Feb 1982
- IDLE HOUR BOOKS
- An imprint of Corinth Publications, Inc., q.v. Issued 124 books, starting at #401.
IH516 Hudson, Dean Dreamlover 1966
- IMPACT LIBRARY
- Published by Echelon Book Publishers, Inc., at 5525 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA. See also Flame Books.
IL-533 Ception, John V. Earth Sex in the 21st Century 1970
- INTIMATE EDITIONS
- An imprint of Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v. Published no SF; one book is listed in the exclusions.
- JADE BOOKS
- Published by Onsco Publications, at 7472 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood 46, CA. A very short-lived publisher, they only produced 14 books, all in 1963. Some volumes in the Nite-Time Books series were also issued under this corporate name.
211 ONeill, Scott Martian Sexpot 1963
- KOZY BOOKS
- Published at 39 Orchard St., Manhassett, NY. A major early 60s porn publisher. Issued about 100 books from 1960 to 1963, starting with #88.
K 136 Lewis, Pete Father of the Amazons 1961 (as by Peter J. Crown inside)
- LANCASTER PRESS
- An imprint of Publishers Consultants, q.v.
LCP-128 Stone, Malcomb The Visions of Vivian 1979
- LATE HOUR LIBRARY
- An imprint of Phenix Publishers, Ltd., q.v. Published 144 books, starting with #701.
LL763 Holliday, Don Blow the Man Down 1968 LL831 Martin, Reed Beginners Lust 1969 LL843 Smythe, R. John The Conception 1969
- LEISURE BOOKS
- An imprint of Corinth Publications, Inc., q.v. Started with #1101 and published 120 books.
LB 1106 Dexter, John The Sinners of Hwang 1965 LB1140 Allison, Clyde 0008 Meets Gnatman 1966 * LB1156 Hudson, Dean The Sexpert 1966 LB1159 Allison, Clyde The Merciless Mermaids 1966 LB1169 Allison, Clyde 0008 Meets Modesta Blaze 1966 LB1174 Allison, Clyde The Sex-Ray 1966 LB1175 Dexter, John Carnaby Consort 1966 * LB1206 James, Jordan Witch in Heat 1967 (by J. X. Williams inside) * LB1207 Lynn, David Zardoc, Warrior Stud 1967 LB1218 Williams, J. X. Her 1967
- Publication data lacking in this volume. Data in numbers L8 and L10 give the publisher as Liason Publications, Ltd., Boston, MA. May be related to E.L. Publishing Co., Inc., q.v.
L9 Peabody, E. S. Medium Raw (1969)
- LIVERPOOL LIBRARY PRESS
- Published by Tiburon House Publishing Co., Inc., q.v.
349 Mellows, Suzanne The Sex-Ray 1973
- MASTER CLASSICS
- Published by N.P., Inc. No address given. See also Cameo and Mayfair House.
6002 anonymous The Bewitched 1969
- MASTERPIECE CLASSIC
- No publication data given. Published no SF; one title is listed in the exclusions.
- MAYFAIR HOUSE CLASSICS
- Published by N.P., Inc. No address given. See also Cameo and Master Classics.
1050 Day, Larry Magic Fingers 1970
- MERIT BOOKS
- Published by Camerarts Publishing Co. Inc., first at 3755 W. Armitage Ave, Chicago 47, IL, later at 2715 N. Pulaski Rd., Chicago 39, IL. There were several number sequences, indicating different prices. The books were marketed as tough novels for real men. See also Novel Books, a companion series. This publisher also issued a very short lived mass-market imprint, Three Star Books, in 1965, after which the company seems to have folded.
35¢ series: 352 Bottari, George L. Untamed Passion Mar 1960 50¢ series: 503 Paul, Auren The Love Machine Jun 1960 534 Goff, Jerry M., Jr. Everything--But Love! Sep 1961 538 Goff, Jerry M., Jr. An Eye for Lust Oct 1961 60¢ series: 656 Paul, Auren Fantastic Orgy n.d. new 60¢ series: 6M417 Goff, Jerry M., Jr. Fantastic Seducer n.d. 6M429 Goff, Jerry M., Jr. Overpowering Desire n.d. 6M446 Steiger, Brad Bizarre Honeymoon 1964
- Published by Midwood Enterprises, Inc., at 185 Madison Ave, NY, NY 10016. The 1980 book was published at 2 Park Ave., NY, NY 10016. Started in 1959 as an imprint of Tower Publications, Inc. Tower Books was eventually started as a mass-market imprint and the two series were inter-numbered for many years. The first book listed was from the internumbered series. In 1970 they adopted multiple numbering sequences, separated by price, and the two imprints ceased to be internumbered. In the M series below, the prefix indicates the price. After a short time under that system, Midwood went back to a unified number sequence. Tower bought Belmont Books in 1972 and merged the two mass-market imprints as Belmont/Tower. For as late as I can track it Midwood Books were published from the same addresses as Belmont Books and would appear to have retained the same ownership.
37-333 Cross, Adrian Lay the Devil 1969 M-125-27 DuBreuil, Linda Pandora Descending Jan 1970 M-125-41 Shaw, George Astrosex Mar 1970 M-125-74 Shaw, George Bang! Aug 1970 M-125-75 Jay, Eric The Mating Aug 1970 M-125-91 DuBreuil, Linda Soul Touch Dec 1970 M-175-29 Cleve, John The Juice of Love Aug 1970 M-195-5 DuBreuil, Linda Gettin It Together Jul 1970 M-195-21 Trehune, Morgana Erotica Satanica Oct 1970 (as by Morgan Trehune inside) M-195-29 Cleve, John The Devoured Dec 1970 60326 Ramdaggar, Geoffrey Sexualis 1984 1973 (as by Goeffrey Ramdagger on cover) 60335 Reeve, Frank D. 5 Finger Exercise 1973 60433 Hytes, Jason Her Magic Spell 1974 60443 Flowers, T. J. Moonglow 1974 60497 Cleve, John The Juice of Love 1975 60498 Jay, Eric The Mating (1975) 60647 Scott, Michael Gay Exorcist 1976 * 60771 Hytes, Jason Erikas Magic Touch 1976 * 60781 Drake, Bud Dark Horse Stud 1976 * 61445 Hytes, Jason Ericas Magic Touch 1980
- MOONLIGHT READERS
- An imprint used on rebound copies of books published by Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v. The original title pages were removed and an identical copyright notice printed on the inside of the front cover.
MR 103 anonymous The Year for Love n.d.
- NARCISSUS SERIES
- Published by Publishers Export Co, Inc., at 6055 Fairmont Ave., San Diego, CA 92120. See also PEC.
185 Piper, Walter Space Swap 1984-8612 1970
- NEPTUNE READER
- No publication data given. Published no SF; one title is listed in the exclusions.
- NIGHTSTAND BOOKS
- An imprint of Corinth Publications, Inc., q.v. Started in 1959, this was the earliest and longest running of William Hamlings pornographic imprints. Started with #1501 and ran to #2000.
NB1772 Shaw, Andrew Sin Seer 1966 NB1808 Hudson, Dean The Robot Lovers 1966 NB1823 Calvano, Tony Dantes Sinferno 1967 NB1883 Cross, Gene Nude in Orbit 1968 NB1889 Kalnen, Ray The Day the Universe Came 1968 NB1910 Lynn, David Cybro Sex 1968 NB1922 Brown, L. J. Satans Daughter 1969 * NB1933 Best, Harry She-Satan 1969 * NB1954 Darrow, Borden Lust-Liquor 1969 NB1972 Smythe, R. John The Naked Phantom 1970
- NITE-TIME BOOKS
- The first two were published by Tempo Publishing Corp. (related to Art Enterprises Inc., q.v), at 6912 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood 28, CA. The last two were published by PEC Publications, q.v., at Box 3223, El Cajon, CA. Other titles have been seen that were published by Onsco Publications, see Jade Books. It is not known whether this was a shared imprint of some sort or whether these variations are an indication of a consolidation among the early 60s publishers. Numbers known run from 89 to 122, but may be discontinuous in the middle.
94 Bernsohn, Al The Fabulous Sex Weed 1964 96 Stopeck, Philip Promiscous Philbert 1964 * 114 Harmon, Jim Sex Burns Like Fire 1964 116 Taylor, Ann Door of Desire 1964
- NOVEL BOOKS
- Published by Novel Books, Inc., at 2715 N. Pulaski Ave, Chicago 39, IL. Started in January 1960 as a companion series to Merit Books, q.v. There were several number sequences, separated by price. Several other imprints were used on the later books, but all the imprints were internumbered.
60¢ series: 6081 Sellers, Con F.S.C. 1963 75¢ series: 7N787 Plyler, Don M. The New Slave Masters 1965 (1/2 of double) SPECIALTY BOOKS 7N 796 Fenwick, Virginia M. America: R.I.P. 1965 (1/2 of double) new 60¢ series: DISCOVERY HOUSE 6N296 Conrad, Nancy & Bonnie Helpless Women 1965 (1/2 of double)
- NUMBERS ILLUSTRATED LIBRARY
- Published by Blueboy Library, q.v., at 185 N.E. 166th St., Miami, FL 33162. A Gay series.
NIL116 Hughes, Peter Tuesday The Daemon 1978
- OLYMPIA PRESS
- Founded in Paris in 1953 by Maurice Girodias. Published many avante-garde erotic classics by William Burroughs and others. Moved to U.S. in 1967, publishing first at 222 W. 23rd St., NY, NY 10011. Later books published at 36 Gramercy Park, NY, NY 10003 (1968), then at 67-69 Irving Place, NY, NY 10003 (1968 to 1970), and finally at 220 Park Ave. S., NY, NY 10003 (1971 to 1972). Published mostly paperbacks, the majority under the imprints Ophelia Press, q.v. and Travellers Companion, q.v. Attempted a mass-market imprint, Freeway Press, in 1973 but it folded after a year and Girodias went back to France. See also Party Books. An excellent history and bibliography of this publisher was prepared by Patrick J. Kearney.
OPS-13 Kainen, Ray Satyr Trek 1970 * OPS-14 Harris, Merril Dirty Alice 1970 OPS-15 Martin, Ed Busy Bodies 1970 OPS-24 Flinders, Karl The Love Machinery 1971 OPS-35 Forest, Salambo Witch Power 1971 OPS-42 Auden, Renee High Thrust 1971 OPS-55 Kainen, Ray A Sea of Thighs 1971
- OLYMPIC FOTO-READERS
- Published by B.B. Sales Co., at P.O. Box 785, Radio City Station, NY, NY 10019. A series of porno movie novelizations, profusely illustrated with stills from the movies.
* F-111 Meiter, Walter The Deadly Organ 1968
- OPHELIA PRESS
- Published by The Ophelia Press Inc., an affiliate of Olympia Press, q.v. Revival of one of the Parisian imprints, used in those days for the less literary works. Numbers ran from 101 to 267.
OPH-112 Van Heller, Marcus The Ring 1968 OPH-123 Kanto, Peter World Where Sex Was Born (1968) OPH-132 Grimm, Benjamin Conception of the Beast 1968 OPH-134 Macauley, Douglas A Certain Greek Tycoon 1969 OPH-154 Forest, Salambo The Enormous Experience 1969 OPH-162 Forest, Salambo Night of the Wolf 1969 OPH-169 Singer, Norman The Man Who Raped San Francisco 1969 OPH-175 Mason, David Devils Food 1969 OPH-180 Digby, Lee Come Again 1969 OPH-188 Forest, Salambo On My Throbbing Engine 1970 OPH-198 Forest, Salambo Pan on a Rampage 1970 OPH-206 Kane, Pablo A Dick for All Seasons 1970 OPH-207 Drake, Morgan A Flutter of Lashes 1970 OPH-216 Platt, Charles The Gas 1970 OPH-226 Tarr, Michael New School for Sex 1971 OPH-239 Moore, Robert Madam Sex Thief 1971 OPH-245 Van Heller, Marcus The Ring 1971 OPH-260 Platt, Charles The Power and the Pain 1971 OPH-261 Haubold, Hero Golden Balls 1971 OPH-262 Forest, Salambo For the Witch, a Stone 1971 OPH-265 Cohen, Genghis The Erotic Spectacles 1971
- ORPHEUS BOOK
- An imprint of Carlyle Communications, Inc., New York, NY. See Bee-Line books.
BB8017-V Arrow, Jay The Occult Coxsman 1976
- THE OTHER TRAVELLER
- See TRAVELLERS COMPANION
- PAD ADULT LIBRARY
- No publisher or address given.
523 Reeves, James Sex Teacher 2000 A.D. 1972
- PAD LIBRARY
- Published at Aqoura, CA.
PL-576 Hall, Ken Flesh or Fantasy 1967
- PAIN LIBRARY CLASSICS
- No title page or indicia. It is apparent from the physical size of this book that it is a rebind. The ads in the back are identical to those in WIP Book 139, which suggests that the original edition was probably issued in that series also. Illustrated with black and white drawings. See Star Distributors for a list of related imprints.
106 anonymous The Demonic Whip Master n.d.
- PARISIAN PRESS
- No publication data given. The mail-order address in the back of the books is in San Francisco. Issued at least four separately numbered series; the 200 series were all Gay novels.
P228 Farout, Billy Man, It Must Be Heaven 1972 P230 Wilhelm, Lambert Too Beautiful (1972) P243 Lambert, William J., III Male Sex Idol 1972 P502 Oswald, Dave The Only Way to Go 1972
- PARK SQUARE PRESS
- Published by Star Distributors, Ltd., q.v..
PSP-10 Bromus, Angela Cindys Possessed Pussy 1978
- PARTY BOOKS
- Published by The Travellers Companion Inc., q.v., an affiliate of Olympia Press, q.v. Only issued about a dozen books.
TCP-012 Smith, Russell Loaded for Bare 1972
- The main imprint of Publishers Export Co, Inc., published first at P.O. Box 20127, San Diego, CA 92120 (to 1968), then at P.O. Box 965, El Cajon, CA 92020 (from 1969). See also Narcissus, Pompeii Press, Rapture and Series 70. PEC also issued some of the Nite-Time Books, q.v. for further comments.
G1117 Kahler, Jack Rubber Dolly 1966 G-1130 Flair, Tiffany Psychic Passion 1968 G-1164 Weldon, Rex Time Swap 1969
- The first title listed was published at 123 Simpson St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30313, the later volumes at 267 Marietta St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30313. One book gives 5585 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019, which may indicate a relationship to Calga, q.v.; it may be only a distribution address. Books were issued in a variety of numbered sequences, whose rationales are still not understood.
* 054 Long, Peter The Demi-Wang 1968 1-149 Sellers, Leonard Confessions of Horny Demon 1969 0-168 Damon, Steve & Smith. Montague The Incredible World of Harold Huge 1970 0-184 Bradley, George The Devils Tool 1970 * 0-444 Longo, Chris Succubus Up 1970 6922 Gustave, Olga The Devil You Lay 1970 6930 Quinn, Joaquin Massage my Medium 1970 6932 Gustave, Olga Amazon Lunch 1970
- PEYOTE PRESS
- Published by Peyote Press Ltd., at 54 W. 21st St., NY, NY 10010. A short-lived series of books, issued in plain red covers.
501 DuBomb, Bonée Planet of Sex and Orgies 1969 504 Manzoni, Violet The Sexual Adventures of Attis 1969 510 Cum, Sid Open Fly 1969
- Phenix Publishers, Ltd.
- One of several subsidiaries or affiliates of Greenleaf Classics, q.v. For imprints published under this corporate name see Companion Books, Late Hour Library and Pleasure Readers.
- PIGALLE' PRESS
- Published by Central Sales Ltd., at Baltimore, MD.
101 Peck, Vernon Super Sex Captain 1969
- PIKE BOOKS
- Published by Pike Publications, at 14558 Valerio St., Van Nuys, CA. A short-lived early 60s publisher, apparently edited and/or published by Robert Pike. Published only 20+ books starting with #101 and jumping from 102 to 203. The books in the 800 series are all rebound copies of books from the original series.
101 Rivere, Alec Lost City of the Damned Sep 1961 203 Smith, George H. The Coming of the Rats Nov 1961 801 Rivere, Alec Nymphos Be Damned n.d. 802 Smith, George H. Virgin Mistress n.d.
- PILLAR BOOK
- An imprint of Greenleaf Classics, Inc., q.v. Published no SF; one book is listed in the exclusions.
- PLEASURE BOOKS
- Published at 432 Park Avenue S., NY, NY 10016. The copyright in the earliest title listed seems to suggest a link to the mass-market publisher, Manor Books.
* 40102 Horton, Honey The Sexorcist 1976 40181 Sabrina Love Witch 1977 40378 Tobias, Sarah Starship Stud 1979 40394 Taylor, Sharon Pleasure Planet 1979 (as by Starr Trainor inside) 40395 Taylor, Sharon Future Sex 1979 (as by Sandy Trainor inside) 40482 Terrific, Ted Star Whores 1979 60130 Martine Dance of Love 1979 60130 Sabrina Witch Bitch 1979 (double volume)
- PLEASURE READERS
- Published by Phenix Publishers, Ltd., q.v., later directly by Greenleaf Classics, Inc., q.v. Book numbers ran from 101 to 396. In 1969 this series became exclusively Gay fiction.
* PR157 Lynn, David Lust in Sodom 1968 PR172 Williams, J. X. The Sex Pill (1968) * PR180 Bellmore, Don By Lust Possessed 1968 PR209 Raffi, Sam Lust Potion 69 1969 PR225 Townsend, Larry 2069 1969 PR233 Falkon, Felix Lance Hung in Space 1969 PR237 Leatherwood, Hank Startail 1969 PR251 Townsend, Larry Mickeys One 1970 PR261 Townsend, Larry Jovencachoteca 1970 PR275 Townsend, Larry 2069 + 1 1970 PR277 Townsend, Larry 2069 + 2 1970 PR307 Townsend, Larry Beware the God Who Smiles 1971 PR310 Lambert, William J., III Demons Coronation 1971 PR330 Hughes, Peter Tuesday Remake 1971 PR335 Lambert, William J. Valley of the Damned 1971 PR363 Hughes, Peter Tuesday Alien 1972
- POMPEII PRESS
- An imprint of Publishers Export Co., Inc., see PEC. This was their specialized bondage and torture imprint.
PP 7040 Dangerfield, Paul Island of the Voodoo Dolls 1969
- PRESSE DE L'AMOUR
- Published at P.O. Box 2386, San Rafael, CA.
104 Hawkins, Bruce A. Jupiters Passion 1970
- PRIVATE EDITION
- Published at 10539 Burbank Blvd., N. Hollywood, CA. Apparently a companion imprint to Carousel Books, q.v. Published no SF; one book is listed in the exclusions.
- Publisher's Consultants
- A prolific porn publisher in the late 70s and early 80s. Published first at P.O. Box 849, Chatsworth, CA 91311 (1976), later at P.O. Box 486, S. Laguna, CA 92677 (1979-1981). Issued books under a multitude of imprints, including Anal Erotic Series, Family Series Books, Lancaster Press, Raunchy Readers, Red Devil Books and Stratford Library. In the late 80s American Art Enterprises issued a large number of reprints which contained detailed listings of the prior printings. Many of them noted one or more printings by Publishers Consultants. Since Publishers Consultants first appeared just after the last Brandon House titles, it is probable that this represents the point at which Milton Luros lost control of the business. For further comments, see deLuxx Editions.
- RAM BOOKS
- An imprint used on rebound copies of books published by Art Enterprises, Inc, q.v.
RB 104 anonymous Sex Machine n.d.
- An imprint of Publishers Export Co., Inc., see PEC.
206 Elliott, Dan Sex Machine n.d.
- RAUNCHY READERS
- An imprint of Publishers Consultants, q.v.
RY-161 Rose, Ed The Balling Machine 1981
- REAR WINDOW SERIES
- An imprint of Tiburon House Publishing Co., Inc., q.v.
105 James, Gunthar The Witchs Spell 1969
- RED DEVIL BOOKS
- An imprint of Publishers Consultants, q.v. While the name might suggest that it is a specialized occult imprint, only two of its books have been seen, and only one of those was SF. More data is needed.
105 Lanton, Earl The Wanton Witch 1977
- ROYAL BOOKS
- See UNIVERSAL GIANTS.
- Published by Sunset Enterprises, 1560 H Street, Fresno, CA 93721. Produced a number of long-Lived porn imprints; this seems to be their only SF title. Did a line of mass-market SF novels under the VEGA BOOKS imprint.
SA-191 Knight, Randy Tomorrow Has Arrived 1970
- SATAN PRESS
- Published by Foremost Publishers, at 65 Cadillac Square, Detroit, MI. An early imprint devoted exclusively to S&M. Features a relatively garish packaging.
123 Gardner, Ken Fetish Farm 1966
- SATAN'S LIBRARY
- Published by Star Distributors, Ltd., q.v.. The entire imprint was devoted to novels with occult themes, some of them imitations of contemporary best-sellers. As is to be expected with this publisher, there is a tendency to sadism and torture in most titles. They were released in five groups of four each and all featured striking covers with red backgrounds.
SL-101 Jervis, Tabatha Satans Mistress 1977 * SL-102 Parker, Jennifer Daughters of Lucifer 1977 SL-103 Lawson, Sybil The Possession of Tamara 1977 SL-104 Marr, Melissa Orphans of the Devil 1977 SL-105 anonymous Begotten of the Devil 1978 SL-106 anonymous The Devils Torture 1978 SL-107 anonymous Her Master was Satan (1978) SL-108 anonymous Liliths Daughter (1978) SL-109 anonymous Devils Incest Daughter 1979 * SL-110 anonymous Schooled by the Devil 1979 SL-111 anonymous Princess of Darkness 1979 SL-112 anonymous Beloved of Satan 1979 SL-113 anonymous Hells Bitch 1979 SL-114 anonymous Lucifers Altar Girl 1979 SL-115 anonymous Demon Bitchs Punishment 1979 SL-116 anonymous Satanic Virgin 1979 * SL-117 anonymous Devils Hand Maiden 1979 SL-118 anonymous Devils Sex Slaves 1979 SL-119 anonymous Raped by the Devil 1979 SL-120 anonymous Spread for Satan 1979
- SCORPIO BOOKS
- Published at 7311 Fulton St., N. Hollywood, CA 91605. A short-lived imprint of American Art Enterprises, Inc., q.v.
3505 James, Dolan Space Swappers 1970
- SCORPION BOOKS
- Published by N.A.C. Publications, no address given. It is understood that Charles Nuetzel was the publisher. Only eight titles are known, all published in 1964 and all apparently written by Nuetzel under different pseudonyms. HIs father Albert Nuetzell did all the covers.
104 English, Charles Lovers: 2075 Jul 1964
- SELECTED ADULT LIBRARY
- see CLASSIC PUBLICATIONS
- SENSATION PUBLICATIONS
- Published by Aquarius 7 Publishers, at PO Box 3067, N. Hollywood, CA 91605. See also Bedroom Publications.
SP-241 Jovita Ring of Sex n.d. (1/2 of double)
- SERIES 70
- An imprint of Publishers Export Co., Inc., see PEC. Published no SF; one book is listed in the exclusions.
- SHEFFIELD HOUSE
- Published by GX, Inc., at 20251 Prairie St., Chatsworth, CA 91311. See also Trojan Classics.
SH 701 Wilson, Robert Anton The Sex Magicians 1973
- SOFTCOVER LIBRARY
- A later name for Beacon Books, q.v.
- SPECIALTY BOOKS
- See NOVEL BOOKS.
- SPICY READERS
- An imprint of Eros Publishing Co., Inc., q.v.
SR-133 Klepple, Horst Hard On 1974 SR-138 Longo, Chris Wet Dreams 1975 SR-139 Erp, Peter The Flesh Viewing Room 1975
- Star Distributors, Ltd.
- Published at P.O. Box 362, Canal St. Station, NY, NY 10013. Many of their imprints are devoted to sadism andd torture. See Bizarre Library, Park Square Press, Satans Library and Wip Books. Some of the latter were rebound as Pain Library Classics, q.v.
- STRATFORD LIBRARY
- An imprint of Publishers Consultants, q.v.
SLE-169 Forbes, Alex Anal Planet 1976 SLE-176 Lacey, Burroughs The Sex Machine 1976
- SVEA BOOKS
- Published by Nordisk Bladcentral A/S, at P.O. Box 288, Copenhagen, Denmark. These books do not have the appearance, physically, of American publications so they may actually have been produced overseas. Danish language editions were copyrighted as well as these English language editions. All the titles were registered for copyright and all listed Erika Schoeb as the author, something that seems unlikely; I suspect that Schoeb was the editor and/or publisher.
26 Levi, Aristotle Spawn of the Devil 1969 40 De Witt, Denise The Daughters of Pan 1970
- Tiburon House Publishing Co., Inc.
- Published at Sausalito, CA. Pretended that their books were reprints of Danish porn. See the following imprints: Best Seller Series, Liverpool Library Press and Rear Window Series.
- TIGRESS BOOKS
- Published by Siena Publishing Co., New York, NY. Siena was the publisher given in the later volumes of Bee-Lines mass-market imprint, Carlyle Books, and at least one Tigress Book was a reprint of a Bee-Line Book.
TB2024-M Farris, Mark The Seductress of Eden 1982 TB2025-M Clayton, Sheena The Aura of Seduction 1982
- TRANSSEXUAL LIBRARY
- An imprint of Eros Publishing Co., Inc., q.v.
TSL-106 Vanguard, John L. Two Sexes, One Body 1982
- TRAVELER'S TALES
- Published by Encounter Books, at Wilmington, DE. Clearly an imprint of Eros Publishing Co, Inc., q.v. Packaged in plain covers in blatant imitation of the by then defunct Travellers Companion series. Seems to have been the originating imprint for these books, all of which were reprinted by Castle Books and/or Hustler Books.
TT 108 Burch, Ralph Lust in Space 1978 TT 109 Nestle, Tom Orgies in Space 1978 TT 112 Burch, Ralph Lust of the Swampman 1978
- TRAVELLER'S COMPANION
- Published by The Travellers Companion Inc., an affiliate of Olympia Press, q.v. Many of the early titles had been published previously, under the same imprint, while the company was still in France. From #504 to the end, #517, it turned into a Gay series titled The Other Traveller. About ten of the early books were published in conjunction with Bee-Line Books, q.v., and were identified by an extra 2 in the book numbers. There arent nearly as many books in the series as one might suspect, as the numbering jumped from 228 to 429. See also Party Books.
TC-206 Homer & Associates A Bedside Odyssey Oct 1967 TC-2227 Martin, Ed Busy Bodies 1968 TC-432 Kainen, Ray A Sea of Thighs 1968 TC-440 Martin, Ed Frankenstein 69 1969 TC-441 Kainen, Ray The Spy Who Came (and Came and Came and Came) 1969 * TC-446 Grimm, Benjamin Nightland Spell 1969 TC-447 Kainen, Ray The Cosmic Gash 1969 TC-452 Kanto, Peter The Coupling Game 1969 * TC-458 Kainen, Ray The Houses of Rising Sin 1969 TC-462 del Piombo, Akbar The House in Lodz 1969 * TC-465 DArcangelo, Angelo Sookey 1969 TC 468 Scott, Billy The King of America 1969 TC-469 Kainen, Ray Earth Station Sex 1969 TC-484 Jay, Victor The Gay Haunt 1970 THE OTHER TRAVELLER TC-513 Townsend, Larry The Scorpius Equation 1971 TC-517 Jay, Victor The Gay Haunt 1972
- TRIDENT BOOKS
- An imprint of Eros Publishing Co., Inc., q.v. Illustrated with color photographs.
TB-103 Grey, Victor The Fsex Combos 1975
- TROJAN CLASSICS
- A Gay series published by GX, Inc., at 20251 Prairie St., Chatsworth, CA 91311. See also Sheffield House.
TC 246 Dark, Jon Satans Victor 1972 TC 280 Lambert, William, III Gaius Maximus 1973
- No indicia but clearly one of the later reprint lines of American Art Enterprises, q.v. There is no indication of what the TWN stands for.
298 St. James, Dodi Solar System Swingers 
- No indicia. The UGD may be a distributors symbol rather than a logo. Illustrated with black & white photos.
* 1002 Reed, Allison The Lineup n.d.
- Principal digest imprint of Universal Publishing & Distributing Corp., q.v. Ran from 1950 to 1954. See also Universal Giants, below. Published no SF; one book is listed in the exclusions.
- UNIVERSAL GIANTS
- Published by Universal Publishing & Distributing Corp., q.v. at New York City. A series of oversize digests, published 1953-54. About half of the books were double volumes. The imprint changed to Royal Books after eleven numbers. Number 13 wasnt issued. See also Uni-Books, above.
5 Leiber, Fritz The Sinful Ones 1953 (1/2 of double) 9 MacArthur, Arthur Aphrodites Lover 1953 ROYAL BOOKS 12 Mundy, Talbot Jimgrim Sahib (1953) 18 Haggard, H. Rider King Solomons Mines (1953) 18 Haggard, H. Rider Allan Quatermain (1953) (double volume) 20 Mundy, Talbot Full Moon 1953 (1/2 of double) * 25 Voltaire Candide n.d. (1/2 of double) 28 Twain, Mark A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthurs Court (1954) (1/2 of double)
- Universal Publishing & Distributing Corp.
- A prominent publisher of digest-sized sleaze in the early 1950s under several imprints; see Uni-Books and Universal Giants, later Royal Books. They folded all their digest lines in 1954 and created Beacon Books, the first mass-market size pornographic paperback line. Universal started a successful mass-market imprint, Award Books, in 1964 but kept their porn imprint alive until at least 1968. Universal bought Galaxy Magazine and Worlds of If from Robert Guinn in 1969. At that time the publisher was Arnold Abramson. Universals publishing ventures grew less solvent through the next decade. Award Books was folded in 1977 and the magazines had all been sold off by 1979. See Beacon Books for further comments.
- UPTOWN BOOKS
- Published by Uptown Publications, at 1213 N. Highland Ave., Los Angeles 38, CA. A short-lived publisher; only a half-dozen titles are known, all issued in 1962.
703 Knerr, Michael Sex Life of the Gods 1962
- WINDSOR LIBRARY PRESS
- Published by Manchester Publications, Inc., at 3375 Camino del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92120.
113 Fedahk, Fatima The Sexorcist 1974
- An imprint of Star Distributors, Ltd., q.v. Apparently their earliest bondage and torture series. Profusely illustrated with black and white drawings. At least one title was rebound as a Pain Library Classic, q.v.
139 Villard, Alexander New World of Pain Masters 1972