Miscellaneous Anthologies Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
HAY, IAN; pseudonym of John Hay Beith, (1876-1952) (chron.)
- * French Cricket, (ss) 1940
- * The Non-combatant, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Mar 24 1917
- * Scally: The Story of a Perfect Gentleman, (nv) The Saturday Evening Post Jun 13 1914
HAY, JACOB (1920-1976); (about) (chron.)
- * The Displaced Missile, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Sep 6 1958
- * The Girl in the Sentry Box, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Mar 19 1960
- * The Reformation of Fogarty, (ss) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Dec 1962
HAYCOX, ERNEST (James) (1899-1958); (about) (chron.)
- * Blizzard, (ss) Colliers Feb 25 1939
- * Call This Land Home, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Dec 4 1948; from Pioneer Loves.
- * The Claim Jumpers, (ss) Colliers Sep 28 1940; from Prairie Guns, 1940.
- * The Code, (ss) The Frontier Jun 1926
- * Crisis in the Canyon, (ss) Colliers Jan 17 1948, as Snow in the Canyon.
- * A Day in Town, (ss) Colliers Jan 1 1938
- * Dead-Man Trail, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Sep 11 1948; also as Lonesome Ride.
- * Deep in This Land, (ss) Playboy Jan 1990
- * Deep Winter, (ss) Colliers 1943
- * Despatch to the General, (ss) Colliers Feb 14 1942, as Dispatch for the General.
- * Dispatch for the General, (ss) Colliers Feb 14 1942; also as Despatch to the General; also as Dispatch to the General.
- * Dispatch to the General, (ss) Colliers Feb 14 1942, as Dispatch for the General.
- * Faithfully, Judith, (ss) Colliers Apr 11 1942
- * High Wind, (ss) 1934
- * Into the Deep Gorge, (ex); from The Earthbreakers, 1952.
- * Lin of Pistol Gap, (nv) West May 14 1930
- * Lonesome Raid, (ss)
- * Lonesome Ride, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Sep 11 1948, as Dead-Man Trail.
- * Long Storm, (ex); from Long Storm, 1946.
- * McQuestion Rides, (nv) Colliers Jun 20 1931
- * Night on Don Jaime Street, (ss) Colliers May 1940
- * Officers Choice, (ss) Colliers Jul 4 1931
- * Pride, (ss) Short Stories Jun 25 1934
- * A Question of Blood, (ss) Colliers Jul 17 1937
- * Scout Detail, (ss) Colliers Jun 11 1938
- * Snow in the Canyon, (ss) Colliers Jan 17 1948; also as Crisis in the Canyon.
- * Some Were Brave, (ss) Colliers Jun 15 1940
- * Sons of the Forest Edge, (ss) The Frontier Jul 1926
- * Stage Station, (ss) Colliers Apr 22 1939
- * Stage to Lordsburg, (ss) Colliers Apr 10 1937; (Stagecoach).; also as Stagecoach.
- Great Tales of the American West, ed. Harry E. Maule, Modern Library 1945
- The Old West in Fiction, ed. Irwin R. Blacker, I. Obolensky 1961
- The Western Story: Fact, Fiction and Myth, ed. Philip Durham & Everett L. Jones, Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich 1975
- Stories Into Film, ed. William Kittredge & Steven M. Krauzer, Harper Colophon 1979
- The Western Hall of Fame, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, William Morrow and Co. 1984
- Western Stories, ed. Peter Bischoff & Peter Nocon, Paderborn: F. Schöningh 1984
- Stories: An Anthlogy and an Introduction, ed. Eric S. Rabkin, Longman 1994
- A Century of Great Western Stories, ed. John Jakes, Forge Press 2000
- * Stagecoach, (ss) Colliers Apr 10 1937, as Stage to Lordsburg.
- * When You Carry the Star, (ss) Colliers Dec 5 1931
- * A Young Mans Fancy, (ss) Colliers Jul 18 1942
HAYES, KATY (1965- ) (chron.)
- * The Facts of Life, (ss) In Sunshine or in Shadow, ed. Kate Cruise OBrien & Mary Maher, Delta 1999
HEAD, BESSIE; pseudonym of Bessie Amelia Emery, (1937-1986) (chron.)
- * The Coming of the Christ-Child, (ss)
- * Let Me Tell a Story Now..., (ar)
- * Looking for a Rain God, (ss)
- * The Prisoner Who Wore Glasses, (ss)
- * Snapshots of a Wedding, (ss)
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents