Miscellaneous Anthologies Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
ATHANAS, W. VERNE (chron.) (continued)
- * Killers Dark, (ss) Adventure Jan 1952
- * Masterpiece, (ss) The Country Gentleman 1950
- * Maverick in the Bunkhouse, (ss) Argosy Sep 1952
- * Night Marshall, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Jul 2 1960
- * The Pioneers, (ss) Zane Greys Western Magazine Apr 1953
- * Royal Elk, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Feb 25 1961
- * The Spirit of Katyann, (ss)
ATHELING, WILLIAM, Jr.; pseudonym of James Blish, (1921-1975) (books) (chron.)
- * Afterword to Cathedrals in Space, (ms)
- * Afterword to Caviar and Kisses, (ms) 1969
- * Afterword to First Person Singular, (ms) 1967
- * Afterword to New Maps and Old Saws, (ms) 1968
- * And Another, (ar) Oct 1961
- * Another Case, (ar) Xero Apr 1962
- * An Answer of Sorts, (ar) Sep 1963; speech at Discon: 21st World SF Convention, Washinton, 1963.
- * Cathedrals in Space, (ar) Skyhook Aut 1953, as The Issue as Hand.
- * Caviar and Kisses: The Many Loves of Thedore Sturgeon, (ar) F&SF Sep 1962
- * Death and the Beloved: Algis Budrys and the Great Theme, (ar) F&SF Jun 1961
- * Exit Euphues: The Monstrosities of Merritt, (ar) 1957
- * The Fens Revisited: Said Books and Incest, (ar) Aug 1962
- * First Person Singular: Heinlein, Son of Heinlein, (ar) 1957
- * The Good, the Bad, the Indifferent, (ar) Speculation #27 1970; also as Making Waves: The Good, the Bad, the Indifferent.
- * The Issue as Hand, (ar) Skyhook Aut 1953; also as Cathedrals in Space.
- * The Issue at Hand, (ar) Skyhook Spr, Sum 1953, Spr, Win 1954, Aut 1953 (+1); also as Rebuttals, Token Punches, and Violence; also as A Sprig of Editors"also as "One Completely Lousy Story, With Feetnote"also as "Scattershot"also as "Negative Judgments: Swashbungling Series and Second Guessing.
- * Making Waves: The Good, the Bad, the Indifferent, (ar) Speculation #27 1970, as The Good, the Bad, the Indifferent; talk at Speculation Conference 14-Jun-70.
- * Negative Judgments: Swashbungling Series and Second Guessing, (ar) Skyhook Aut 1953 (+1), as The Issue at Hand.
- * New Maps and Old Saws: The Critical Literature, (ar) Science Fiction Horizons Win 1965, as S.F.: The Critical Literature; based in part on material in Xero (fnz) 1960.
- * One Completely Lousy Story, With Feetnote, (ar) Skyhook Spr 1954, as The Issue at Hand.
- * One Way Trip, (ar) Jan 1962
- * Pro-Phile, (ar) Skyhook Aut, Win 1952; also as Some Propositions; also as Some Missing Rebuttals.
- * A Question of Content, (ar) Sep 1960; Guest of Honour speech at 18th Worldcon in 1960.
- * Rebuttals, Token Punches, and Violence, (ar) Skyhook Spr 1953, as The Issue at Hand.
- * S.F.: The Critical Literature, (ar) Science Fiction Horizons Win 1965; also as New Maps and Old Saws: The Critical Literature.
- * Scattershot, (ar) Skyhook Win 1954, as The Issue at Hand.
- * Scattershot: Practice Makes PerfectBut It Can Also Cut Your Throat, (ar) 1957
- * Science Fiction as a Movement: A Tattoo for Needles, (ar); based on the introductions to Best Science Fiction Stories of James Blish (1965) and to New Dreams This Morning (1966).
- * Science-Fantasy and Translations: Two More Cans of Worms, (ar); based on articles in Axe (fnz) #34, 2-63 and an unknown fanzine from 1960.
- * The Short Novel: Three Ranging Shots and Two Duds, (ar) Jul 1962
- * Some Missing Rebuttals, (ar) Skyhook Win 1952, as Pro-Phile.
- * Some Propositions, (ar) Skyhook Aut 1952, as Pro-Phile.
- * A Sprig of Editors, (ar) Skyhook Sum 1953, as The Issue at Hand.
- * Things Still to Come: Gadgetry and Prediction, (ar) Epilogue Sum 1964
ATHERTON, GERTRUDE (Franklin Horn) (1857-1948); (about) (chron.)
- * Adventures in Santa Barbara, (mm)
- * The Conquest of Doña Jacoba, (nv) Blackwoods 1892
- * The Ears of Twenty Americans, (ss)
- * The Sacrificial Altar, (nv) Harpers Monthly Aug 1916
- * The Vengeance of Padre Arroyo, (ss) Lippincotts Magazine Jul 1891
- * The Wash Tub Mail, (ss); from The Splendid Idle Forties, Gertrude Atherton, Macmillan, 1902.
- * The Wash-Tub Mail, (ss)
ATWOOD, MARGARET (Eleanor Kilian) (1939- ); (about) (books) (chron.)
- * At First I Was Given Centuries, (pm)
- * Authors Perspective: Atwood on the Canadian Identity, (ar)
- * Bluebeards Egg, (nv) McLelland & Stewart 1983
- * Bread, (vi)
- * Dancing Girls, (ss)
- * Death by Landscape, (ss) Saturday Night 1989
- * From an Interview by Graeme Gibson, (iv)
- * From Survival, (ar)
- * Gertrude Talks Back, (vi) Good Bones, Coach House 1992
- * Giving Birth, (ss) 1977
- * Hair Jewellery, (ss)
- * Hairball, (ss)
- * Happy Endings, (ss) Humanist Sep/Oct 1987
- * Interview by Joyce Carol Oates, (iv)
- * Introduction: Reading Blind, (in)
- * The Little Red Hen Tells All, (vi)
- * The Man from Mars, (ss)
- * Pornography, (ar)
- * Rape Fantasies, (ss)
- * The Resplendent Quetzal, (ss) Short Story International Dec 1983
- * Scarlet Ibis, (nv)
- * Simmering, (ss)
- * Style and Sexuality, (ar)
- * Uglypuss, (nv)
- * The War in the Bathroom, (ss)
- * The Whirlpool Rapids, (ss) Redbook Nov 1986
- * Why Do You Write?, (ar)
- * Wilderness Tips, (ss) The New Yorker Feb 18 1991
- * Witches, from Second Words, (ar)
AUDEN, W(ystan) H(ugh) (1907-1973) (chron.)
- * Ischia, (pm) Botteghe Oscure
- * Law Like Love, (pm); from Collected Shorter Poems.
- * Musée des Beaux Arts, (pm)
- * Postscript, (pm)
- * The Unknown Citizen, (pm) The Listener Aug 3 1939
- * The West from the Air, (ar); from The Dyers Hand.
AUGARDE, TONY (1936- ) (chron.)
- * Rhymes, (pm) The Oxford Guide to Word Games, Tony Augarde, London: Oxford University Press 1984
AUMONIER, STACY (James) (1877-1928) (chron.)
- * The Match, (ss) The Strand Jul 1916
- * Miss Bracegirdle Does Her Duty, (ss) 1916
- * Miss Bracegirdle Does Her Duty, (ss) The Strand Sep 1922
- * The Spoil-Sport, (ss) Pearsons Magazine Sep 1926
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents