Miscellaneous Anthologies Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
MATHESON, RICHARD (chron.) (continued)
- * The Shrinking Man, (ab) Fawcett 1956
- * Son of a Gunman, (nv) Western Magazine Dec 1955; also as Boy in the Rocks.
- * Steel, (nv) F&SF May 1956
- * Too Proud to Lose, (ss) Fifteen Western Tales 1955
- * Where Theres a Will (with Richard Christian Matheson), (ss) Dark Forces, ed. Kirby McCauley, Viking 1980
MATTERN, AL (chron.)
- * Return Engagement, (ss) Men
- * Routine Patrol, (ss) Stag
- * Yank, We Coming Soon!, (ss) Men
MATTHEWS, JACK; [i.e., John Harold Matthews, Jr.] (1925- ) (chron.)
- * The Burial, (ss) Georgia Review Win 1974
- * Novelist Loves His Nightmares, (iv) 1982; from Detroit Free Press, 12th November 1982.
MAUDE, AYLMER (1858-1938) (chron.)
- * The Death of Ivan Ilych, by Leo Tolstoi, (na)
- * Pierre a Prisoner, by Leo Tolstoi [from War and Peace], (ex) The Oxford University Press 1933
- * A Prisoner in the Caucasus, by Leo Tolstoi, (nv)
- * A Talk Among Leisured People, by Leo Tolstoi, (ms); from Works Vol XV.
MAUGHAM, W(illiam) SOMERSET (1874-1965) (chron.)
- * The Alien Corn, (nv) Cosmopolitan Aug 1931
- * The Appointment in Samarra, (ss)
- * The Back of Beyond, (ss) Cosmopolitan Jul 1931, as The Right Thing Is the Kind Thing.
- * The Best Ever, (ss) Cosmopolitan May 1934; also as The Treasure.
- * The Book-Bag, (ss) The Book-Bag: 20 Best Short Stories in Ray Longs 20 Years as an Editor, ed. Ray Long, Crown 1932
- * The Colonels Lady, (nv) Good Housekeeping Mar 1946
- * The Facts of Life, (nv) Cosmopolitan Apr 1939
- * The Force of Circumstance, (nv) Hearsts International Jan 1924
- * A Friend in Need, (ss) Cosmopolitan Apr 1925, as The Man Who Wouldnt Hurt a Fly.
- * How I Write Stories, (ar) Writing for Love or Money, ed. Norman Cousins, David Mackay 1949
- * In a Strange Land, (ss) Cosmopolitan Feb 1924
- * The Letter, (nv) Hearsts International Apr 1924
- * Mackintosh, (nv) Cosmopolitan Nov 1920
- * The Man Who Wouldnt Hurt a Fly, (ss) Cosmopolitan Apr 1925; also as A Friend in Need.
- * Miss Thompson, (nv) The Smart Set Apr 1921
- * Mysticism [from The Summing Up], (ex)
- * Neil MacAdam, (nv) Ah, King, Heinemann 1933
- * The Outstation, (nv) Hearsts International Jun 1924
- * Pearls, (ss) Hearsts International combined with Cosmopolitan Feb 1927; also as A String of Beads.
- * Rain, (nv) The Smart Set Apr 1921
- * Red, (nv) Asia Apr 1921
- * The Right Thing Is the Kind Thing, (ss) Cosmopolitan Jul 1931; also as The Back of Beyond.
- * A String of Beads, (ss) Hearsts International combined with Cosmopolitan Feb 1927, as Pearls.
- * The Taipan, (ss) Pearsons Magazine Oct 1922
- * The Traitor [Ashenden], (nv) Cosmopolitan Sep 1927
- * The Treasure, (ss) Cosmopolitan May 1934, as The Best Ever.
MAULDIN, BILL (1921-2003) (chron.)
- * The Affair of the Wayward Jeep, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Jun 27 1953
MAUPASSANT, (Henri René Albert) GUY de (1850-1893) (chron.)
- * Am I Insane?, (vi)
- * Authors Perspective: Maupassant: The Realist Method, (ar)
- * A Bad Error, (ss) Complete Works, Dunne 1903
- * Ball of Fat, (nv)
- * Ball-of-Fat, (ss)
- * The Bit of String, (ss) 1899; Copyright 1899 by The Current Literature Publishing Company.
- * Boule de Suif, (ss)
- * The Carnival of Love, (ss)
- * Confessing, (ss)
- * The Diamond Necklace, (ss) 1898, as The Necklace.
- * The Father, (ss) Complete Works, Dunne 1903
- * A Fishing Excursion, (ss)
- * The Fishing Hole, (ss)
- * Hautot and His Son, (ss)
- * The Hostelry, (ss)
- * In Port, (ss) The Collected Novels and Stories of Guy de Maupassant, Volume 16, Knopf 1926
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents