Miscellaneous Anthologies Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
SAVAGE, LES, JR. (chron.) (continued)
- * King of the Buckskin Breed, (nv) .44 Western Magazine Nov 1951
- * Mush Fast or Die!, (ss) NorthWest Romances Fll 1945
- * Queen of Rustlers Range, (ss)
- * Saddlemates, (ss) Zane Greys Western Magazine Apr 1949
- * The Shadow in Renegade Basin, (nv) Frontier Stories Sum 1950, as Tombstones for Gringos.
- * The Six-Gun Sinner, (na) Western Novels and Short Stories May 1950
- * Six-Gun Snare, (ss)
- * Tombstones for Gringos, (nv) Frontier Stories Sum 1950; also as The Shadow in Renegade Basin.
- * Tonight the Phanthoms Ride!, (na) Action Stories Fll 1945; also as The Ghost of Jean Lafitte.
- * Trail of the Lonely Gun, (na) Action Stories Spr 1946
- * Traitor Town, (nv) Zane Greys Western Magazine Nov 1951
SAVERY, JEANNE; pseudonym of Jeanne Savery Casstevens, (fl. 1992-2004) (chron.)
- * Cupids Ace, (na) Valentine Wishes, ed. Anon., Zebra/Kensington 1998
- * A Fathers Duty, (na) A Kiss for Papa, ed. Anon., Zebra Books 2002
- * The Love Potion, (na) Bewitching Season, ed. Anon., Zebra/Kensington 2003
- * The Perfect Mother, Retired, (na) A Courtship for Mama, ed. Anon., Zebra Books 2004
SAWAI, GLORIA (chron.)
- * The Day I Sat with Jesus on the Sun Deck and a Wind Came Up and Blew My Kimono Open and He Saw My Breasts, (ss)
SAWYER, RUTH; [Mrs. Albert C. Durand] (1880-1970) (chron.)
- * Schnitzle, Schnotzle, and Schnootzle [from The Long Christmas], (ex) 1941
SAYERS, JAMES DENSON (1888-1957); see pseudonym Denver Bardwell (chron.)
- * The Cave of Death, (nv) The Underworld Magazine Dec 1933
- * This Worm Has Fangs, (ss) The Underworld Magazine Oct 1933, as The Worm Has Fangs.
- * The Worm Has Fangs, (ss) The Underworld Magazine Oct 1933; also as This Worm Has Fangs.
SAYERS, MICHAEL (chron.)
- * The Jew in the Moon, (ss) New Stories Apr-May 1936
- * Tune on an Harmonica, (ss) The New English Weekly Jan 3 1935
- * The Usual, (ss) Adelphi Nov 1936
SAYRE, JOEL (1900-1979) (chron.)
- * Here Birdie, Birdie, Birdie, Birdie!, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Oct 19 1940
- * Love in the Snow, (ss) The New Yorker Jan 9 1932
- * Stunts, (ss) The American Mercury Jun 1931
- * This Business Needs a Fool, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Oct 7 1939
SCANLON, DENNICE (chron.)
- * The Difference in Effects of Temperature Depending on Geographical Location East or West of the Continental Divide: A Letter, (ss)
SCHAEFER, JACK (Warner) (1907-1991) (books) (chron.)
- * Cat Nipped, (ss) Lilliput May 1957
- * Emmet Dutrow, (ss) Colliers 1951
- * From Shane, (ex) Houghton Mifflin 1949
- * Hangings for the Lucky, (nv) Argosy Nov 1952
- * Jeremy Rodock, (ss) Lilliput Jan 1956; [Film: Tribute to a Bad Man].
- * The Kean Land, (na) Colliers May 11 1956 (+1)
- * Kittura Remsburg, (ss) 1952
- * The Man from Far Away, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Mar 20 1954
- * The Man Who Talked Too Much, (ss) Argosy May 1954
- * One Mans Honor, (nv)
- * Rider from Nowhere, (nv) Argosy Jul 1946 (+2); also as Shane.
- * The Riders of Saint Nicholas, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Dec 17 1960
- * Sergeant Houck, (ss) Colliers Jul 14 1951; [Film: Trooper Hook].
- BAR 1: Roundup of Best Western Stories, ed. Scott Meredith, 1952
- Best Western Stories, ed. Scott Meredith, Spring 1964
- Arbor House Treasury of Great Western Stories, ed. Bill Pronzini, Barry N. Malzberg & Martin H. Greenberg, Arbor House 1982
- Great Tales of the West, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, Galahad Books 1982
- The Second Reel West, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, Doubleday & Co. 1985
- The Best Western Stories, ed. Anon., Hamlyn 1986, , Mallard 1990
- Best of the West III, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, Signet 1990
- Sagebrush and Spurs: Classic Western Short Stories, ed. Eric Tripp, Bellew 1992
- A Century of Great Western Stories, ed. John Jakes, Forge Press 2000
- * Shane, (nv) Argosy Jul 1946 (+2), as Rider from Nowhere.
- * Stubby Pringles Christmas, (ss)
- * That Mark Horse, (ss)
- * Three Days for Revenge, (ss)
- * Trail to Abilene, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Dec 23 1961
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents