Miscellaneous Anthologies Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
WHITE, STEWART EDWARD (1873-1946); (about) (chron.)
- * Arizona Nights, (na) McClures Jan 1906 (+4)
- * Billys Tenderfoot, (ss) McClures Apr 1902
- * The Buffalo, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Feb 28 1931; from The Long Rifle, Doubleday, 1931.
- * Buried Treasure, (nv) McClures Jun 1906
- * The Cattle Rustlers, (ss) Arizona Nights, Grosset & Dunlap 1907
- * A Corner in Horses, (ss) 1907
- * The Girl Who Got Rattled, (ss) The Century Magazine Jul 1901
- * The Grampus and the Weasel, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post May 4 1935
- * Guests Gold, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Jul 6 1935
- * The Honk-Honk Breed, (ss) Everybodys Magazine Jul 1907; from Arizona Nights, McClure, 1907.
- Western Roundup!, ed. Arnold Hano, Bantam 1948
- Out West: An Anthology of Stories, ed. Jack Schaefer, Boston MA: Houghton Mifflin 1955
- Arbor House Treasury of Great Western Stories, ed. Bill Pronzini, Barry N. Malzberg & Martin H. Greenberg, Arbor House 1982
- Great Tales of the West, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, Galahad Books 1982
- The Mammoth Book of the Western: An Anthology of Classic Stories of the American Frontier, ed. Jon E. Lewis, Carroll & Graf 1991
- * The Long Rifle, (n.) The Saturday Evening Post Feb 7 1931 (+8)
- * The Man with Nerve, (ss) West Sep 1933
- * The Ole Virginia, (ss) Arizona Nights, Grosset & Dunlap 1907
- * On Cowboys, (ss); from The Mountains, 1904.
- * The Prospector, (ss)
- * The Rawhide, (nv) McClures Nov 1904 (+1)
- * The Ridge Trail, (mm)
- * The Surround, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post 1931; from The Long Rifle.
- * The Two-Gun Man, (ss) Colliers Apr 15 1905; from Arizona Nights, Doubleday, 1907.
- * Two Cartridges, (ss)
- * The Two-Gun Man, (ss) Colliers Apr 15 1905; [Film: Under a Texas Moon].
- The Hilton Bedside Book, ed. Anon., Hilton Hotels Corporation: Chicago, IL 1952
- The Outlaws, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, Fawcett Gold Medal 1984
- The Second Reel West, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, Doubleday & Co. 1985
- Best of the West III, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, Signet 1990
- Stories of the Old West: Tales of the Mining Camp, Cavalry Troop, & Cattle Ranch, ed. John Seelye, University of Oklahoma Press 2000
- The American West: A Treasury of Stories, Legends, Narratives, Songs, and Ballads of Western America, ed. William Targ, Konecky and Konecky n.d.
WHITE, WILLIAM C. (1873-1960) (chron.)
- * The Baron Loved His Wife, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Jul 4 1936
- * Pecos Bill and the Willful Coyote, (ss) Story Jul/Aug 1942
WHITEHOUSE, ARCH; [i.e., Arthur George Joseph Whitehouse] (1895-1979); (about) (chron.)
- * Bataan Landing, (ss) The Blue Book Magazine Jun 1942
- * Roland Garros: The Man Who Put Wings on War, (ar)
- * Savoias Out of Sapporo, (nv)
- * Spitfire Squadron, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Jan 11 1941
WHITMAN, WALT (1819-1892) (chron.)
- * The American of the Future, (ar)
- * As Toilsome I Wanderd Virginias Woods, (pm)
- * Cavalry Crossing a Ford, (pm)
- * Come Up from the Fields Father, (pm)
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents