Miscellaneous Anthologies Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
WISTER, OWEN (chron.) (continued)
- * Enter the Man, (ex) Macmillan US 1902; from The Virginian.
- * The Evolution of the Cow-Puncher, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Feb 27 1909
- * The Finished Product: The Virginian, (ex) Macmillan US 1902; from The Virginian.
- * From The Virginian, (ex) Macmillan US 1902
- * The Game and the Nation, (ss) Harpers New Monthly Magazine May 1900
- * The Generals Bluff, (ss)
- * The Gift Horse, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Jul 18 1908
- * Grandmother Stark, (ss)
- * Hanks Woman, (ss) Harpers Weekly Aug 27 1892
- The American West in Fiction, ed. Jon Tuska, Mentor 1982
- 100 Years of Cowboy Stories, ed. Ted Stone, Red Deer College Press 1994
- Unbridled Spirits: Short Fiction About Women in the Old West, ed. Judy Alter & A. T. Row, Texas Christian University Press 1994
- The Western Story: A Chronological Anthology, ed. Jon Tuska, University of Nebraska Press 1995
- Western Stories: A Chronological Anthology, ed. Jon Tuska, Gramercy 1999
- * Happy-Teeth, (nv) 1901
- * Happy-Teeth, (nv) Macmillan US 1902; also as The Virginian.
- * In Search of Christmas, (ss); from Lin McClean, 1897.
- * A Journey in Search of Christmas, (ss)
- * Little Big Horn Medicine, (ss) Harpers Monthly Jun 1894
- * Little Old Scaffold, (ss) Cosmopolitan Jun 1928
- * The Patronage of High Bear, (ss) Cosmopolitan Jan 1901
- * A Pilgrim on the Gila, (ss) Harpers Monthly Nov 1895
- * The Right Honorable the Strawberries, (nv) Cosmopolitan Nov 1926
- * Salvation Gap, (ss) Harpers New Monthly Magazine Oct 1894
- * The Second Missouri Compromise, (ss) Harpers Monthly Mar 1895
- The Northwesterners, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, Fawcett Gold Medal 1990
- Confederate Battle Stories, ed. Martin H. Greenberg, Frank D. McSherry, Jr. & Charles G. Waugh, August House Publishers 1992
- Stories of the Old West: Tales of the Mining Camp, Cavalry Troop, & Cattle Ranch, ed. John Seelye, University of Oklahoma Press 2000
- * The Serenade at Siskiyou, (ss) Harpers Monthly Aug 1894
- * Sharons Choice, (ex) Harpers Weekly Aug 27 1892
- * Specimen Jones, (ss) Harpers Monthly Jul 1894
- * Timberline, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Mar 7 1908
- * Twenty Minutes for Refreshments, (ss) Harpers New Monthly Magazine Jan 1900
- * The Virginian, (nv) Macmillan US 1902, as Happy-Teeth.
- * When You Call Me That, Smile!, (ex) Macmillan US 1902; from The Virginian.
- * The Winning of the Biscuit-Shooter, (ss) Harpers Monthly Dec 1893
WODEHOUSE, [Sir] P(elham) G(renville) (1881-1975); (about) (chron.)
- * Archibalds Benefit, (ss) Colliers Mar 19 1910
- * The Clicking of Cuthbert, (ss) The Strand Oct 1921, as The Unexpected Clicking of Cuthbert.
- * The Courting of the Muse, (ar) Playboy Jan 1962
- * The Debut of Battling Billson [Ukridge], (ss) Cosmopolitan Jun 1923
- * The Fiery Wooing of Mordred, (ss) Cosmopolitan Dec 1934
- * The Gourmets Love-Song, (pm) Punch 1901
- * Hows That, Umpire?, (ss)
- * Jeeves Cracks the Great Pearl Robbery [Jeeves], (ss) The (London) Evening News May 26 1975; (this story is a condensed version of Aunt Agatha Takes the Count).
- * The Pitcher and the Plutocrat, (ss) Colliers Sep 24 1910
- * Playing the Game, (ss) Pearsons Magazine Jul 1906
- * The Purity of the Turf, (ss) Cosmopolitan Jul 1922
- * The Reverent Wooing of Archibald, (ss) The Strand Aug 1928
- * Scoring Off Jeeves, (ss) The Strand Feb 1922
- * Sir Roderick Comes to Lunch [Jeeves], (ss) The Strand Mar 1922
- * The Story of Webster, (nv) The American Magazine Feb 1932
- * Stylish Stout, (ss) Playboy Apr 1965
- * Sundered Hearts, (ss) The Strand Dec 1920
- * Those in Peril on the Tee [Adrian Mulliner], (ss) Liberty May 21 1927
- * Thrillers, (hu)
- * Uncle Fred Flits By [Drones Club], (nv) Redbook Magazine Jul 1935
- * The Unexpected Clicking of Cuthbert, (ss) The Strand Oct 1921; also as The Clicking of Cuthbert.
- * A Very Shy Gentleman, (ss) The Red Book Magazine Jun 1916
WOJAHN, DAVID (chron.)
- * The Assassination of Robert Goulet, As Performed by Elvis Presley: Memphis , 1968, (pm)
- * At Graceland with a Six Year Old, 1985, (pm)
- * Elvis Moving a Small Cloud: The Desert Near Las Vegas, 1976, (pm)
- * Nixon Names Elvis Honorary Federal Narcotics Agent At Oval Office Ceremony, 1973, (pm)
- * Pharaohs Palace (Memphis, 1988), (pm)
- * W.C.W. Watching Presleys Second Appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show: Mercy Hospital, Newark, 1956, (pm)
WOLFE, THOMAS (Clayton) (1900-1938) (chron.)
- * Boom Town, (ss) The American Mercury 1934
- * Chickamauga, (nv)
- * The Child by Tiger, (nv) The Saturday Evening Post Sep 11 1937
- * The Hollow Men, (ex) 1940; from You Cant Go Home Again, Harper & Bros. 1940.
- * Nebraska Crane, (ss)
- * No Door, (ss) Scribners Jul 1933
- * Now That Aprils Here [from The Web and the Rock; George Webber], (ex) Harper 1937
- * Only the Dead Know Brooklyn, (ss) The New Yorker Jun 15 1935
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents