Miscellaneous Anthologies Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
CROWLEY, ALEISTER; [i.e., Edward Alexander Crowley] (1875-1947) (chron.)
- * The Balloon, (pm)
- * The Strategem, (nv) The Smart Set Sep 1916
CROY, HOMER (1883-?) (chron.)
- * Harlan the Pig, (ss) Boys Life Mar 1959
- * The Quiet Teacher, (ss); adapted from Country Cured, Harper & Row, 1943.
CRUZ, VICTOR HERNANDEZ (1949- ) (chron.)
- * Energy, (pm)
- * from Rhythm Section/Part One, (ex)
- * The Latest Latin Dance Craze, (pm)
- * Loisaida, (pm)
- * Today is a Day of Great Joy, (pm)
cummings, e(dward) e(stlin) (1894-1962) (chron.)
- * Buffalo Bills, (pm); from Tulips and Chimneys, 1923.
- * Speach from a Play, (pl)
- * Take for Example This, (pm) 1925
- * when faces called flowers, (pm) Botteghe Oscure
CUMMINS, ANN (chron.)
- * Bitterwater, (ss) The New Yorker Apr 4 1988
- * The Red Ant House, (ss) McSweeneys 2001
CUNNINGHAM, EUGENE (1896-1957); see pseudonym Leigh Carder; (about) (chron.)
- * Bar-Nothing Calls the Play, (ss) Zane Greys Western Magazine Jun 1953
- * Bar-Nothings Happy Birthday, (ss) All Western Magazine Dec 1950/Jan 51
- * Cows in the Dark, (ss) Frontier Stories Dec 1926
- * The Ghost Hunters, (ss) Boys Life
- * Grove Girl, (ss) Zane Greys Western Magazine Dec 1947
- * The House of Whispering Shadows, (nv) Frontier Stories Feb 1928
- * Ranger Luck, (ss) Zane Greys Western Magazine Oct 1947
- * Singing Lead, (ss) Black Mask Aug 1930
- * The Two-Day Deputy, (ss) Western Romances Jul 1930
CUNNINGHAM, JOHN M(eyer) (1915- ) (chron.)
- * Breaking Point, (ss) Argosy Sep 1954; also as The Iron Rose.
- * The Iron Rose, (ss) Argosy Sep 1954, as Breaking Point.
- * The Long Shot, (ss) The American Magazine Jun 1949
- * McCreery and the Colonels Shirt, (ss) Dime Western Magazine Jul 1952
- * Outlaws Partner, (ss) The Saturday Evening Post Feb 5 1955
- * Raiders Die Hard, (nv) Dime Western Magazine Jan 1953; [Film: Day of the Badman].
- * The Tin Star, (ss) Colliers Dec 6 1947; [Film: High Noon].
- Bad Men and Good: A Roundup of Western Stories by the Western Writers of America, ed. Luke Short, Dodd Mead 1953
- The Western Story: Fact, Fiction and Myth, ed. Philip Durham & Everett L. Jones, Harcourt, Brace, Jovanovich 1975
- The Reel West, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, Doubleday & Co. 1984
- Western Stories, ed. Peter Bischoff & Peter Nocon, Paderborn: F. Schöningh 1984
- Best of the West, ed. Bill Pronzini & Martin H. Greenberg, Signet 1988
- The Western Hall of Fame Anthology, ed. Dale L. Walker, Berkley 1997
- Gunfight! Thirteen Western Stories, ed. James C. Work, University of Nebraska Press 1998
- A Century of Great Western Stories, ed. John Jakes, Forge Press 2000
- * Yankee Gold, (ss) Pic Magazine 1946; [Film: The Stranger Wore a Gun].
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents