Miscellaneous Anthologies Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
FRAZEE, STEVE (chron.) (continued)
- * The Bretnall Feud, (nv) Argosy Aug 1953
- * The Crew of the Foraker, (ss) Tales of the Sea Spr 1953
- * Death Rides This Trail, (na) Western Story Magazine Oct 1953
- * Due Process, (ss) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Mar 1960, as All Legal and Proper.
- * The Fire Killer, (ss) Argosy Aug 1951, as Nights of Terror.
- * Great Medicine, (nv) Gunsmoke Jun 1953; also as White Mans Medicine.
- * Knife in the Back, (na) Complete Western Book Magazine Mar 1957; also as Payroll of the Dead.
- * Learn the Hard Way, (ss) Zane Greys Western Magazine Jul 1952
- * Legacy of Violence, (nv) Argosy Mar 1954; expanded to the novel Spur to the Smoke, Argosy, March 1954.
- * The Luck of Riley, (ss) Dime Western Magazine Jan 1953
- * The Man at Gantts Place, (nv) Argosy May 1951
- BAR 1: Roundup of Best Western Stories, ed. Scott Meredith, 1952
- They Lived by Their Guns: Great Western Novelettes from Argosy Magazine, ed. Anon., Signet 1953
- The Tall T, ed. Anon., Avon 1957
- Best Western Stories, ed. Scott Meredith, Spring 1964
- The Best Western Stories, ed. Anon., Hamlyn 1986
- * My Brother Down There, (nv) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Apr 1953; [Film: Running Target].
- * Night Guns Calling, (nv) Fifteen Western Tales Sep 1948
- * Nights of Terror, (ss) Argosy Aug 1951; also as The Fire Killer.
- * One Evening in Abilene, (ss) The Fall Roundup, ed. Harry E. Maule, Random House 1955
- * Payroll of the Dead, (na) Complete Western Book Magazine Mar 1957, as Knife in the Back.
- * The Singing Sands, (ss) Fifteen Western Tales May 1954; [Film: Gold of the Seven Saints].
- * White Mans Medicine, (nv) Gunsmoke Jun 1953, as Great Medicine.
- * The Woman on the Stage, (ss)
FREEMAN, MARY E(leanor) née WILKINS (1852-1930) (chron.)
- * The Bound Girl, (ss)
- * The Cat, (ss) Harpers Monthly May 1900
- * A Church Mouse, (ss)
- * The Lombardy Poplar, (ss) Harpers Bazaar Sep 1902
- * The Long Arm, (na) Chapmans Magazine of Fiction Aug 1895
- * Louisa, (ss) 1891
- * Luella Miller, (ss) Everybodys Magazine Dec 1902
- * A Mistaken Charity, (ss) 1887
- * A New England Nun, (ss) 1891
- American Short Stories (6th edition), ed. Eugene Current-Garcia & Bert Hitchcock, Addison-Wesley Pub Co. 1966
- Signet Classic Book of American Short Stories, ed. Burton Raffel, Signet Classic 1990
- American Local Color Writing, 1880-1920, ed. Elizabeth Ammons & Valerie Rohy, Penguin Classic 1998
- Norton Anthology of Short Fiction: Sixth Edition, ed. R. V. Cassill & Richard Bausch, W. W. Norton & Co. 2000
- Fiction 100: An Anthology of Short Stories (9th edition), ed. James H. Pickering, Prentice Hall College Div. 2000
- * Old Woman Magoun, (ss) Harpers Oct 1905
- * On the Walpole Road, (ss)
- * The Patchwork School, (ss)
- * The Pumpkin Giant, (ss) The Pot of Gold
- * The Revolt of Mother, (ss) 1890
- The Best New England Stories, ed. Martin H. Greenberg, Charles G. Waugh & Robert Taylor, Yankee 1990
- Rediscoveries: American Short Stories by Women: 1800-1916, ed. Barbara H. Solomon, Mentor 1994
- The Portable American Realism Reader, ed. James Nagel & Tom Quirk, Penguin 1997
- The American Short Story and Its Writer: An Anthology, ed. Ann Charters, Bedford Books 1999
- American Short Stories (7th edition), ed. Eugene Current-Garcia & Bert Hitchcock, Longman 2001
- * Two Friends, (ss)
- * Young Lucretia, (ss)
FREFF; [i.e., Connor Freff Cochran] (1954- ) (chron.)
- * The Dark Beyond the Door: Walking (Nervously) into Stephen Kings World, (iv) 1980; from Tomb of Dracula #4/#5.
FRENAYE, FRANCES (?-1996) (chron.)
- * Bitter Honeymoon, by Alberto Moravia, (nv) The Partisan Review Nov/Dec 1952, as Sunny Honeymoon.
- * The Gyspy, by Corrado Alvaro, (ss) The Berkley Book of Modern Writing No. 3, ed. William Phillips & Philip Rahv, Berkley Books 1956
- * Signora Flavia, by Corrado Alvaro, (ss) The Berkley Book of Modern Writing No. 3, ed. William Phillips & Philip Rahv, Berkley Books 1956
- * Sunny Honeymoon, by Alberto Moravia, (nv) The Partisan Review Nov/Dec 1952; also as Bitter Honeymoon.
- * Two Prostitutes, by Alberto Moravia, (nv) The Partisan Review May/Jun 1950
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents