Crime, Mystery, & Gangster Fiction Magazine Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
McBAIN, ED; pseudonym of Evan Hunter, (1926-2005); other pseudonyms John Abbott, Hunt Collins & Richard Marsten (chron.)
- * Consolation, (nv) Mystery Monthly Jun 1976
- * The Death of Me [Matt Cordell (aka Curt Cannon)], (nv) Manhunt Sep 1953, as by Evan Hunter.
- * Eighty Million Eyes [87th Precinct], (na) Argosy Feb 1963; incorporated with another novella into the novel of the same name (Delacorte, 1966).
- * The Empty Hours [87th Precinct], (na) Ed McBains Mystery Book #1 1960
- * Good and Dead [Matt Cordell (aka Curt Cannon)], (ss) Manhunt Jul 1953, as by Evan Hunter.
- * The H Killer [87th Precinct], (na) Perma Books 1956, as The Pusher; condensed.
- * Honesty [87th Precinct], (ex) The New Black Mask No.7, ed. Matthew J. Bruccoli & Richard Layman, HBJ 1986; chapter 4 of the forthcoming Poison (Arbor House, 1987).
- * I Saw Mommy Killing Santa Claus, (ss) The Mysterious Bookshop 1999; first published as a limited edition booklet for customers of the Mysterious Bookshop in New York.
- * The Jesus Case [from Lets Hear It for the Deaf Man], (ex) Doubleday 1973
- * Killers Wedge, (na) Manhunt Feb 1959
- * Leaving Nairobi, (nv) Alfred Hitchcocks Mystery Magazine Jun 2003
- * A Little Sitdown, (ss) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine May 2003
- * Nightshade [87th Precinct], (na) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Aug 1970
- * Now Die in It [Matt Cordell (aka Curt Cannon)], (nv) Manhunt May 1953, as by Evan Hunter.
- * The Pusher [87th Precinct], (na) Perma Books 1956; also as The H Killer.
- * Roundelay, (ss) Ed McBains 87th Precinct Mystery Magazine Apr 1975
- * Sadie When She Died [87th Precinct], (nv) Alfred Hitchcocks Mystery Magazine Jan 1973
- * What Happened to Annie Barnes?, (nv) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Jun 1976, as by Evan Hunter.
- * The Crowded Hours by Jon L. Breen, (ss) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine May 1967
- * Ed McBain by Barry Forshaw, (iv) Crime Time v2 #2 1998
- * Ed McBain, A Tribute by Lorenzo Carcaterra, (ar) The Strand Magazine #18 2006
- * Ed McBain: An Appreciation by Peter Walker, (ar) Crime Time #28 2002
- * Ed McBain: An Interview, uncredited, (iv) The New Black Mask No.7, ed. Matthew J. Bruccoli & Richard Layman, HBJ 1986
- * Ed McBain: Still Writing for Pleasure by Mark Campbell, (iv) Crime Time #28 2002
- * Ed McBain: Two for the Price of OneEd McBain and Evan Hunter Interviewed by Mike Carlson, (iv) Crime Time #28 2002
- * Front and Center at the 87th Precinct by Rosemary Herbert, (bg) Mary Higgins Clark Mystery Magazine Sum 1998
- * An Interview with Ed McBain by Mark Campbell, (iv) Sherlock #48 2002
- * Interview: Ed McBain by David Harlequin, (iv) Mystery Jan 1981
- * Rink: a 1001st Precinct Mystery by Ron Goulart, (ss) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Nov 1967
- * Three by McBain, uncredited, (ar) Noir: The Illustrated Crime Fiction Quarterly Spr 1995
McBARRON, STEPHEN (fl. 1930s-1940s) (chron.)
- * The Blackmailed Corpse, (ss) Detective Yarns Oct 1939
- * Brother Hijacker, (ss) Double Detective Jun 1941
- * Cadavers for Ransom, (ss) Detective and Murder Mysteries Sep 1939
- * Calamity Dame, (ss) Red Star Detective Oct 1940
- * Coffin Custodian, (ss) Ten Detective Aces Apr 1940
- * Coffin for Judas, (nv) Detective and Murder Mysteries Jul 1939
- * Corpse Crusade, (ss) Detective Yarns Mar 1940
- * Deaths Bloody Signature, (ss) Double-Action Detective Jul 1940
- * Deaths Heiress, (ss) Detective and Murder Mysteries Nov 1939
- * Decoy Sleuth, (nv) 10-Story Detective Magazine May/Jun 1939
- * Dig Me a Deep-Sea Grave, (ss) Double-Action Detective Nov 1939
- * Homicide Detour, (ss) Ten Detective Aces Nov 1940
- * Ill Get Even, (ss) Double Detective Oct 1941
- * Maidens for Satans Death Ray, (nv) Gangland Detective Stories Nov 1939
- * Meet Me in the Morgue, (ss) Gangland Detective Stories Apr 1940
- * Murder Is My Name, (ss) Double-Action Detective Feb 1940
- * No Reprieve from a Rub-Out, (ss) Double-Action Detective Sep 1939
- * Steal a Mans Eyes, (ss) Hooded Detective Nov 1941
McBLAIR, ROBERT (fl. 1910s-1940s); (about) (chron.)
- * The Best Laid Plans, (ss) The Detective Magazine Nov 24 1922
- * The Cold Cream Murders, (ss) Detective Fiction Weekly Aug 17 1935
- * The Counterfeit Murder, (ss) Thrilling Detective Nov 1936
- * Death with a Song, (ss) Detective Fiction Weekly Mar 14 1936
- * Fifty Alibis, (ss) Detective Fiction Weekly Dec 15 1934
- * In the Blood, (ss) Detective Story Magazine Sep 10 1918
- * Murder in the Death House, (ss) Detective Fiction Weekly May 4 1935
- * No Corpus Delicti, (ss) Detective Fiction Weekly Sep 28 1935
- * One Christmas Morning, (ss) Hutchinsons Adventure-Story Magazine Dec 1926
- * Providence Takes a Hand, (ss) Adventure mid-Apr 1919
- * Strange Insurance, (ss) Nickel Detective Jan 1933
- * Too Late, (ss) Thrilling Detective Feb 1941
- * The Vane Bank Robbery, (ss) All-Story Weekly Oct 18 1919
- * Vanished Witness, (ss) Street & Smiths Detective Story Magazine Jun 4 1932
- * With the Left Hand, (ss) Complete Detective Novel Magazine Nov 1932
- * Worming In, (nv) Street & Smiths Detective Story Magazine Oct 31 1931
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents