Crime, Mystery, & Gangster Fiction Magazine Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
STEED, RICHARD LATHROP; pseudonym of Robert Leslie Bellem, (1902-1968); other pseudonyms John Archer, Reeves L. Black, Walter Bronson, Ellery Watson Calder, Harley L. Court, Rex Daly, Allan Henry, Fred Horton, Jerome Hyams, Richard Lyle, Lee Martin, James W. Marvin, Hugh McKnight, R. L. Morris, Jerome Severs Perry, Ben Proctor, Frank Roberts, L. N. Snyder, Hamilton Washburn, L. W. Watson, Perry Watson & Harcourt Weems (chron.)
STEEL, KURT; pseudonym of Rudolf Kagey, (1904-1946) (chron.)
- * The Friendly Slayer [Hank Hyer], (n.)
- * The Last Wallet, (ss) This Week 1944, as Risk for a Lady.
- * Murder for What? [Hank Hyer], (n.) Bobbs-Merrill 1936
- * Murder in G-Sharp [Hank Hyer], (n.) Bobbs-Merrill 1937
- * Murder in the Nth, (ss) Detective Action Stories Dec 1936
- * The Radio City Mystery, (na) Popular Detective Nov 1948
- * Risk for a Lady, (ss) This Week 1944; also as The Last Wallet.
- * The Truth About Watson, (hu) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Apr 1946
- * Under the Counter, (ss) Suspense (UK) Jun 1960
- * With Intent to Kill, (nv) Mystery Book Magazine Nov 1945
STEELE, CHESTER K.; house pseudonym (fl. 1900s-1920s) (chron.)
- * The Crime at Red Towers, (sl) Detective Story Magazine Aug 4, Aug 11, Aug 18, Aug 25, Sep 1 1923
- * The Great Radio Mystery, (sl) Detective Story Magazine Jul 22, Jul 29, Aug 5, Aug 12, Aug 19, Aug 26 1922
- * The House of Disappearances, (sl) Detective Story Magazine Oct 22, Oct 29, Nov 5, Nov 12, Nov 19, Nov 26, Dec 3 1921
STEELE, HARWOOD (Elmes Robert) (1897-1978) (chron.)
- * An Affair of Courage, (ss) Short Stories Mar 25 1927
- * The Cat Comes Back, (ss) Short Stories Mar 10 1927
- * The Prestige of the Scarlet, (ss) Short Stories Jan 10 1927
- * Storm Child, (nv) The Popular Magazine May 20 1925
STEELE, WILBUR DANIEL (1886-1970); (about) (chron.)
- * Blue Murder, (nv) Harpers Magazine Oct 1925
- * The Body of the Crime, (nv) Ladies Home Journal Mar 1931
- * Dust to Dust, (ss) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Nov 1949
- * Footfalls, (nv) Pictorial Review Oct 1920
- * The Frightened Girl, (ss) Colliers Mar 16 1940, as Through Road.
- * The Lady-Killer, (ss) Ellery Queens Mystery Magazine Jul 1950
- * The Little Wheel, (ss) Nero Wolfe Mystery Magazine Jan 1954
- * The Manhunter, (ss) 1923; copyright 1923, Harper & Brothers.
- * Through Road, (ss) Colliers Mar 16 1940; also as The Frightened Girl.
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents