The FictionMags Index
Stories, Listed by Author
Previous Author Index Table-of-Contents
MAURICE, ARTHUR B(artlett) (1873-1946); (about) (chron.)
- * The Author and His Earnings, (ar) Munseys Magazine Jun 1906
- * Best Editions, (ss) Good Housekeeping Nov 1907
- * Dupin, Master-Reasoner, (ar) Flynns Aug 29 1925
- * Father Tabaret, (ar) Flynns Aug 8 1925
- * Feminine Humorists: A Growing Sisterhood of Those Who Make Life Brighter for Their Fellows, (ar) Good Housekeeping Jan 1910
- * The Great Vidocq, (ar) Flynns Dec 13 1924
- * The Harvey Chase Documents, (ss) The Smart Set Nov 1905
- * Lecoq the Wise, (ar) Flynns Aug 1 1925
- * Sherlock Holmes, (ar) Flynns Oct 24 1925
- * Sherlock Holmes and His Creator, (ar) Colliers Aug 15 1908
MAUROIS, ANDRÉ; pseudonym of Emile Herzog, (1885-1967) (chron.)
- * Advice to a Young Frenchman Leaving for England, (ar)
- * Advice to a Young Frenchman Starting for England, (ar); from The Worlds Best Essays 1929.
- * All About Women, (vi) Colliers Jul 29 1933
- * André Maurois on the Englishman of To-day, (ar) The Cornhill Magazine Jan 1930; translated from the French (Les Anglais dAujourdhui, La Revue Hebdomadaire, 9 March 1929); translated by Reginald Balfour, Mrs..
- * The Ants, (vi) Harpers Magazine Jun 1931; translated by Jacques Chambrun.
- * The Art of Conversation, (ar) Britannia and Eve Jun 1955
- * The Birth of a Genius, (ss) The Grand Magazine Jul 1928; translated from the French.
- * Birth of a Great Artist, (ss) Vanity Fair Nov 1927
- * Black Masks, (ss) The Argosy (UK) Jul 1934
- * Can We Understand the British?, (ar) Lilliput Apr 1940
- * Cape, (ss) The Household Magazine Mar 1932
- * A Case of Conscience, (ss) Esquire Apr 1938
- * The Cathedral, (vi) Harpers Magazine Jun 1931; translated by Jacques Chambrun.
- * The Christmas Card, (ss) Vanity Fair Dec 1932
- * The Devil in the Mine, (ss) Esquire Sep 1938
- * Ernest Hemingway, (ar) This Quarter Oct/Nov/Dec 1929; translated by Florence Llona.
- * Forgive Me, Irene, (ss) Esquire Jan 1934
- * General Giraud, Hero of France, (ar) Liberty Jan 23 1943
- * Help Wanted, (ms)
- * Here, Kitty, Kitty, (ss) Esquire Apr 1937
- * The House, (vi) Harpers Magazine Jun 1931
- * The House, (vi) The Collected Stories of André Maurois, Washington Square Press 1967; translated by Jacques Chambrun.
- * How Corsica Was Liberated, (??) Colliers Nov 27 1943
- * Kate, (ss) Scribners Magazine Aug 1933
- * Last Words, (ar) The London Magazine May 1955; given as a radio talk in French under the title Le Dernier Quart dHeure.; translated by Jean Stewart.
- * Louisa, Lady Whitney, (ss) Lovat Dicksons Magazine Aug 1934
- * Louisa, Lady Whitney, (ss) Argosy (UK) Mar 1940; translated by Hamish Miles.
- * Memo from the Underground, (vi) 1955
- * Memoirs of a Difficult Life, (ts) The Blue Book Magazine Sep, Oct, Nov 1942
- * My First Lecture in America, (bg) Chamberss Journal Dec 1956
- * The Odd Dollar, (ss) Esquire Oct 1936
- * Poor Henriette, (ss) Lilliput Oct 1939
- * The Role of Myrrhine, (ss) Esquire Dec 1945
- * The Schoolboys Return, (ss) Esquire Oct 1938
- * The Sorrows of Young Werther (The Amiable Story of Goethe and His Charlotte), (ar) The Atlantic Monthly Jan 1926
- * Suicide Hotel, (ss) 1938
- * These English, (ar) Lilliput Mar 1938
- * These Poor Jews, (ss) Lovat Dicksons Magazine Sep 1934; translated by Hamish Miles.
- * Three Stories, (gp) Harpers Magazine Jun 1931; translated by Jacques Chambrun.
- * The True France, (ar) Lilliput Sep 1940
- * The Tulip Bulb, (ss) The Daily Express 1956
- * An Urgent Matter, (ss) Argosy (UK) Sep 1941
- * The War Against the Moon, (nv) The Forum Jul 1927
- * We Must Begin at Once, (vi) The Strand Magazine May 1942
- * The Weigher of Souls, (nv) D. Appleton & Co. 1931
- * The Weigher of Souls, (nv) Scribners Magazine Mar 1931; translated by Hamish Miles.
- * What Every Democracy Should Know, (ar) Liberty Mar 15 1941
- * What Happened to France, (ar) Colliers Aug 24, Aug 31, Sep 7, Sep 14, Sep 21 1940
- * What I Think:
* ___ Will Life Ever Be the Same Again?, (ar) The Strand Magazine Oct 1942
- * Will Life Ever Be the Same Again?, (ar) The Strand Magazine Oct 1942
- * Young Girl in the Snow, (hu) Esquire Dec 1935
- * The Youth of Dickens, (ar) The Magazine World Dec 1928
Next Author Index Table-of-Contents