Weird Trails: The Magazine of Supernatural Cowboy Stories [v20 #1, April 1933] ed. Abner Gibber (Bar Sinister Publications; Tombstone, AZ, 20¢, 122pp, pulp, cover by Ed Ward)
One-shot takeoff of Weird Tales with a supernatural cowboy theme. Published in 2004 by Wildside Press (0-8095-1150-9, $19.95) as a facsimile (perfect bound) of the 1933 original issue. managing editor Darrell Schweitzer. Details supplied by Denny Lien.
- 6 · The Haunted Corral · [The Readers] · lt; informs us that the January issue contained part 1 of the Goulart ; serial, and also Blazing Sixguns of Slavering Horror by Col. S. P. ; Meek, USA; The Buffalos Revenge by Arthur J. Burks; O Dat Golden ; Ichor by Petronius Drumgoole, Trail of the Turgid Terror by Zealia ; Bishop; The Whispering Wazoo by Roman Ranieri; and the concluding ; part of Thundering Brains by Oliver Osgood Oblongata; plus a ; feature on Eldritch Cowboy Songs. Stories from previous issues ; referenced include Guns of the Shambler by Ron Goulart (a Sheriff ; Jim Destiny story) and Showdown at Fuggoth Flats by Moamrath, back in 28 or so.
- 12 · Riders of the Purple Ooze [Buck Eldritch] · M. M. Moamrath · ss Nickelodeon #1 1975; illustrated by Ed Ward
- 19 · Behind the Music · Craig Shaw Gardner · ss; illustrated by P. D. OMain
- 25 · Ghostly Limerick · Ed Ward · pm
- 26 · New Gods for Old [Part 1 of ?] · P. D. Tequilla-Cured Casek · uw; illustrated by Keith Minnion
- 37 · The Cow-Men of Coburn · Will Murray · ss; illustrated by P. D. Weincek
- 48 · Around the Bend in the Trail · Anon. · ms; announces that the May issue will include Return to Fuggoth Flats ; (a new Buck Eldritch story) by M. M. Moamrath; The Gibbering Galoot ; by Petronious Pemican, Ph.D.; and a heavily revised reprint of The ; Waste Land by Tex Straightshooter Eliot, along with the serial parts,; a new Riverrun Ranch story by James Joyce, and new storis by Lee ; Tex Weinstein, P.D. Tex Cacek, Col. George Tex Scithers, Howard ; Phillips Rhode Island Lovecraft, Robert Leslie Bellem, Seabury Quinn, ; Bassett Morgan, E. Hoffman Price, and J. Hieronymous Hackworth.
- 49 · The One That Got Away · Mike Resnick · ss
- 52 · The Rider of the Dark · Darrell Schweitzer · ss; illustrated by Allen Koszowski
- 60 · Trouble in Cthulhu Canyon [Part 4 of 5] · Ron Goulart · sl; illustrated by Russell Morgan
- 66 · The Devils Tune · Ray Faraday Nelson · ss; illustrated by Ray Faraday Nelson
- 72 · Dub · Gregory Frost · ss; illustrated by Keith Minnion
- 83 · The Three Gray Wolves · Jim Harmon · ss; illustrated by P. Domain
- 87 · Spud Wrangler · Kent Patterson · ss Pulphouse #17 1994; illustrated by Allen Koszowski
- 93 · [adverts] · Anon. · ms; touts the April issue of companion magazine Spicy Oriental Zeppelin ; Stories, featuring a novel, Flaming Devils of the Air, by Antoine ; de Saint-Exupery and Robert M. Hogan; and two novelettes: The Deadly ; Gasbags of Ah-Chu-Fung by Robert Leslie Bellem and Revenge of the ; Hydrogen Horde by Col. Sean Bucky Wallace.
- 94 · Going After Yeechiphooie · David Sherman · ss; illustrated by David Grilla
- 104 · Dry Days in Yellow Gulch · John Gregory Betancourt · ss; illustrated by P. dOmaine
- bc. · [blurb] · Anon. · ms; notes that Moamrath had also been published by such rare pulps ; magazines as Sargasso Sea Stories, Mildewed Romances, Aryan ; Atrocity Adventures, and Depraved Tales.